Highlighted

Re: Share stories of kindness and thank those who have helped you during the coronavirus pandemic.

Message 1 of 24

A young man I helped years ago has been a blessing in many ways. He gave me a job, knowing I have some health issues. I'm 64, and in no way am I in trouble if I miss work. It happens often, to my shame. However he stills tells me not to stress over it. I feel guilt each and everytime. COVID 19 is no exception. His name is Jon Simental. Help someone, you never know when you'll need it!!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Share stories of kindness and thank those who have helped you during the coronavirus pandemic.

Message 2 of 24

This is a heartfelt THANK YOU for all of the healthcare workers that persevere in the face of such hazardous conditions. The general populous should now grasp the fact that all the staff in healthcare facilities are absolutely heroic, just like firefighters, police and soldiers on a front line. The only difference is that this enemy, a virus, is invisible, making the duty truly frightening. How on Earth do we, the public, ever repay these selfless and courageous human beings? I think we need to openly acknowledge their contributions and never, ever, take them for granted. For my part, I would like to extend the most genuine and heartfelt greeting of which I am aware: “May you all live long and prosper”.

Candace and Lester in Oregon

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 3 of 24

As a Registered Nurse in a Cardiac ICU, I am truly overwhelmed by the support our profession has received. Yes, we're tired and hungry- but mostly we are emotionally drained. We are trying to encourage our patients and their families to communicate as much as possible. We have utilized IPhones and IPads to help communicate. We are emotionally drained because we can't hold our patients hands (without gloves), we can't hug them, we can't sit with them. We don't often allow our feelings to come through to our patients or their families (or ours as well)- we often break down in our cars or the shower. We do understand the country needs to be open, and we want people to get back to work- just do it safely. We are very tired of people complaining about wearing a mask for an hour or two to go food shopping- try wearing an N95 mask (the very tight oval one) for 13 hours straight. I have been watching history programs commemorating the 75th anniversary of V-E day- think how much our parents/grandparents gave up for 4+ years! We can do this!

On another note- 2020 is the year of the Nurse- how fitting!

Please stay safe and healthy everyone!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 4 of 24

Annie and Crista, while socially distancing, have been shopping for me each week when they go out to get groceries.  And they've rebuffed my efforts to reimburse them.  They say they are supporting [the] artists!  I hadn't been out of the house since March 17th but finally managed to go out and do some shopping, so this (the 6th, 7th, 8th?) week I should be able to give them a break.  Their kindness has done at least as much for my morale as for my stomach.  I have enjoyed Thanksgiving at their table since 2010--except for one year when I was sick and they brought the Thanksgiving to me--so I'm hoping that by the coming Thanksgiving Day we will be able to get together again!  

Highlighted

Message 5 of 24

i all alone too, but my older brother just moved to my town who i have not seen since him his wife and kids move out of country, and my father too, his wife and my father are still out of the country, but i enjoy him moving back to to the place i live!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 6 of 24

We live in a senior living complex with 1000 residents in TX.  We have no (zero) COVID-19 cases, due to strong restrictions implemented weeks ago.  The kindness part is that Lowe's donated 1000 hanging plants (value $14.99 each) for Mothers' Day, and Uber drivers donated their trips to deliver all 1000 plants in the trunk of their cars - thank you Lowes and Uber drivers!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 7 of 24

I want to thank our daughter Tammy, who has a home care business for seniors. She brought us masks and disinfectant wipes which we could not find for the last 2 months. When going to the store it is not safe for us elderly people with ailments in the virus infested society. I do not think using the same mask for 2 months is a good idea. Here in Michigan with our gestapo governor it is impossible to get much of anything except partisan bs. We need to get to the hospital for tests, but they are closd due to her executive orders. Thank you again Tammy at Kelly Care.

Highlighted

Message 8 of 24

I'm very grateful for my sister in-law was there for me and my wife,when we heard of the virus we were having a bad month ,we lost our house ,our kids we had to separate our family,now we have to worry about our 4 girls and our son ,me and my wife are still hoping for a place to call home,so our family can be together again.thank you Robert

Highlighted

Message 9 of 24

I live with a wonderful family of 7 right now including my mother my father my grandmother that's 93 for taking care of my husband myself and my two amazing children. My nine-year-old daughter in which I'm homeschooling through this crisis and my five-year-old s o n that is starting kindergarten next year so helping him learn while homeschooling my daughter my family has been a real blessing to me my kids have been amazing through all this we are lucky to have all of us in the same Big Country House back in the woods that keep says busy and we are all staying positive. My father is a amazing pasture and just a wonderful person in general my mother still is this all hope helping us through all this and keeping us busy we go on adventures staying safe and quarantined at home but at least we have our family here together and a wonderful land to explore during this war we are now battling of the covid-19 time

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 10 of 24

I am 53 years old and recently was diagnosed with Lupus and Dermatomyositis. It has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions,physical pain and a lot of  uncertainties.  

My sister who has been estranged from me for many years reached out to me offering help.  A tragedy in my family’s life nearly destroyed our family and I feared reaching out to anyone.

My sister and I are  re- establishing a sisterhood that I thought was lost forever. 

I am eternally grateful for this

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors