Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Rewards quickly sold out

Once again I missed out on a reward to buy for points that I was really interested in. I guess I really do have to get up at 1AM to get it. I wish they'd remove it once it's sold out so the rest of us don't feel bad. 

Contributor

I'm under the belief that only the people in Easter Time Zones are able to take advantage of 

these specials. They get a 1 or 2 hour jump on the rest of the country.  I've also wondered if anyone ever wins the Instant Wins of the day. ???

Regular Contributor

I'm on the East coast and once again missed the Amazon reward for points. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

When I first joined I won 2 instant wins that first year. But haven't won any the last few years.

Gold Conversationalist

@DaleL624635   And here I thought everything comes on after I go to bed on EST.   And it does every single month for extra credit.    And other times in between.   We all feel that way because not nearly enough rewards are offered for any time zone.  They sell out instantly if it's anything remotely desirable.   Many, many more people have been recruited to the program and the number of rewards not increased.  Decreased in value, yes, but no increase in number.

Honored Social Butterfly

I hope you can find solace in the rewards program, somehow. For years, I've had to stay up late just to watch videos and complete quizzes to get an extra credit redemption. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon, however. Since the Home Depot 5.00 and the CVS 5.00 all sold out overnight, it's hard for anyone on AARP's end to remove them until official business hours resume. 

Trusted Contributor

There is risk to be considered in determining how wise it is to stay up.  Sort of depends on how valuble one's sleep is at midnight eastern when the rewards are hopefully and supposedly rolled out.  Last night for example, first set of quizzes, vids went reasonably smooth, but by the end of the 3rd set, about 4 of them out of the 9-12 offered up the proverbial we are behind issuing rewards, or whatever message they send.  And of course, its competitive.  Heaven knows how many folks are fighting for prizes and thus, the risk of a heartbreaking sold out can kill your spirit. Its not like deciding to stay up guarantees anything at all between competition and whatever flaws gobble up AARP.

Truth be told, as many problems as AARP has shown with this program, the liklihood of ever approaching perfection is lower than low.  AARP is probably an ethical outfit, just deep in problems beyond my scope on why this does not roll smoothly, or for those inconvenienced by the hour the rewards are available, more timely.

A web search will easily identify numerous programs that have similar frameworks, offer gift cards and the like and fewer frustrations.  Just know that they are nor cornerstones of the American business landscape and can disappear on short notice, even though that's not a common ocurence. Expecting more than one should out of this, as opposed to exploring other options is more frustrating than any participating member deserves.  Bottom line, accept the program for what it is as worrying about things you can't control is pretty ill advised. But don't let AARP eat you up. Even though some of the messages of frustration on this board are enough to make innocent readers cry, let alone innocen victims that need gift cards immediately and get screwed.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Well once again I missed out on the Amazon reward for points. I was kidding about setting the alarm to check. Not worth it for $5. Lately there just isn't anything I can even use. Guess I'll just keep accumulating.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@kb1248  Can you help me with this web search that will easily identify similar programs?  I do Microsoft Rewards but the reward is so little, I just do it for charity.   I don't know of any other or what to search for.  Coke Rewards used to be a good program but it stopped having any reward I could use.  I loved the free product, coupons, and collectibles.  No more. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hello, @HokiePoq! I do have a way to get GCs outside of the AARP Rewards Program, and that's using two apps: 1) Fetch, and 2) Merryfield (Co-Founder Zooey Deschanel). You simply scan your receipts, and earn points! I have collected many Amazon GCs over the years using these apps. It does take awhile to accumulate points, however, to reach enough points to redeem a GC of your choice (doesn't have to be Amazon), but you can expedite the points earned by purchasing their 'featured' products.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Periodic Contributor

I also use Ibotta, Receipt pal, and Receipt hog. And Upside.  

Gold Conversationalist

@KellytheBelly   Thanks!

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq @Hi HokiePoq

check out https://www.pointsrewardsplus.com/

It’s tied to KROGER and based on what brands of groceries you purchase and $ amount. If you use Kroger then it can payoff. Discount fuel points, gift cards

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus   Will look into that as I shop at Kroger and used their program otherwise.  Get better fuel deal at BJs but have never seen any way to get gift cards with the Kroger app.   

Gold Conversationalist

Hey my friends @HokiePoq

&Lucy! @rednexsrus  

FWIW: The program [pointsrewardsplus] which I USED & took a long while to accumulate points to use for something that was worthwhile...like 3,000 points for $10.00 off on meat purchases...was great!

But....like BedBath&youknow....when they go bankrupt, or close their doors,,...or in this  case...simply end their programs (last day to redeem was Feb 2...& then 2 weeks after to use it or....ya know...LOSEIT...LOL!!)...we...the faithful customers...are left holding the proverbial bag....whatever you couldn’t redeem is GONE! SUXBIGTIME...

BUT-O-WELL!

Take care!  ☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

@Therapist4u 

Hey Allen, check 👁 out the PointsRewardsPlus website when you get time. I received a notice that a new points plus program was going to start up again on March 6, 2024. I cashed in all my reward points I had left in the last program for 1000 Kroger fuel points 👍

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

Hey my friend Lucy! @rednexsrus  

Thanks for the heads up! I’m surprised I didn’t receive any notifications. I get emails from them a few times a week...sometimes “Best Customer” coupons in the mail...I was just in there twice this week....& nothing...so I went searching & lo & behold... there was this:

Kroger points rewards plus program.JPG

Kroger points rewards plus program

Anyway, as always... Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️🏂

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

AARP can't change the clock so east coast time vs west coast will always have a 3 hour difference. It evens out when new rewards are posted during the month in the morning and east coasters are awake and west coasters are still sleeping. 

Karyn
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP