Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Extra Credit should be renamed Waste Your Time

Regular Contributor

Extra Credit should be renamed Waste Your Time

AARP is incapable of running a website - how can we trust them can be effective as a lobbying agency in this digital age?   Seriously - month after month, year after year - we get the same bogus errors and waste time redoing videos and quizes over and over.  Errors like - We are experiencing a delay in awarding your points. Please check your transaction history in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience. and We are experiencing technical difficulties in processing your request.  Please retry in a few minutes.  

And this one - We are currently experiencing technical issues in fetching your extra credit lessons information. Please retry in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience.

And this one - Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track.

Why do you hate us?

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the comments here.  AARP support is NOT listening.  I worked in IT for 35 years so I can usually get things to work eventually and I am persistent. My sister recently asked me about AARP rewards and I told her not to bother. This site would just frustrate her. At some point, I will give up giving my feedback too as nothing has been done to fix this site.  We get new issues most months but there are the same ones EVERY month as stated by PaulK47321. I really hate complaining but the issues on this site are over the top and they are not being addressed. 

Community Concierge

@BearGirl47 I'm so sorry you're frustrated with the AARP Rewards site! We work diligently to keep the site running as smoothly as possible for all our users, but if you're having a specific issue, please reach out. We appreciate you being a loyal Rewards user, and take care!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

There is a Home Depot card under Redeem that says you have to do Extra Credit activities first that is not in the Extra Credit.   Wow.  This is so pathetic.

Community Concierge

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the extra credit activities, @PaulK47321. Please send us a private message to take a look into this or use the chat feature located at the bottom of the page. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

AARP - YOU WANT TO LOOK INTO THIS????   HOW ABOUT GETTING AN USER ID LIKE OURS AND TRYING TO DO EXTRA CREDITS 12:00 - 2:00 AM EST ON THE FIRST.   It not us.   REPEAT IT IS NOT US.   AGAIN - NOT BROWSER, NOT PC CACHE, NO NEED FOR REBOOT, NO NEED TO SIGN OUT / IN.   NO NEED TO TALK TO ME.   JUST DO IT YOURSELF.   IMPACT - ALL USERS.   PROBLEM - THE SITE ITSELF.   SOLUTION - FIX SITE.

Regular Contributor

Sadly I was unable to punish myself past 1 AM for a $5 Home Depot card.  8 AM - Sold out - so I guess those who did got the few that were available.     I WISH AARP STAFF WOULD GET NORMAL USER ID'S LIKE OURS AND GO THROUGH THESE ACTIVITIES.  THEIR REPLIES CLEARLY SHOW THEY DO NOT.   IF THEY DID, THEIR REPLY WOULD BE LIKE " I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I AM SO SORRY"   Somewhere after 100th error they got themselves they would be drafting an email to their boss saying - this is totally unacceptable and a very bad look for us.

Regular Contributor

domino's gift card is hidden too under extra credit also

Trusted Contributor

Here's an issue I haven't experienced in a while...it says my current point balance is 0. Not true, but even if I could get things to work, I can't redeem for anything.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same thing has happened to my points.  I thought initially that it was just part of the problems I have been having but now it has been almost 24 hours and no points have reappeared.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I'm so sorry you are having issues with your points @nigelboy I'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message or use the chat feature located at the bottom of the page, so we can look into this further? We look forward to hearing from you. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Mine came back about an hour later, after refreshing 100 times. 😖

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MichelleM50204 Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad to hear your points balance showed back up later. If this happens again, please try logging out of your Rewards account and closing your browser completely before re-opening the browser and logging back in. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further issues, so we can get to the bottom of it.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I think that it is a deliberate attempt to make you join AARP as a paid member.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

that doesn’t make any sense, we are already PAID MEMBERS

BUT, not for long I suspect.

lucyp061351
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP