Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

login verification code

I have no less than 20 websites that require a code be sent when I login. Only 1 other, besides yourself, limits it to be sent via a smart phone. All of the others allow either a smart phone or by email. As I rarely use my smart phone, sometimes where it is unavailable, it is very frustrating trying to login. However, allowing the code to be sent to the email on record, since I am on the computer with the email client, it is always available. Thanks,

Community Concierge

@DavidE345420 I appreciate you taking the time to reach out, David. We're always looking for ways to improve your online security. We do not have the option to verify via email at this time. To secure your account on our site, we require a phone # to be used. However, we do not require a smartphone; a landline may also be used. 

Contributor

At login now, the AARP website displays a message that sounds as if AARP is planning to require a cell phone for login verification: "Soon, you will be required to verify your identity with a one-time code whenever you access or update your personal information. This secure code will be sent to the verified phone number you provide.

Please enter the phone number you would like to use to verify your identity." I don't have or want a cell phone, but this prompt won't accept a text-able Google voice number. If I enter a landline, will your new system be able to distinguish what type of phone number it is and call me rather than attempting to text? Why not use e-mail verification?

Community Concierge

@MaryannD858260 The code can be sent via text to a cell phone or via automated call to a landline. Let me know if you have any issues using your landline as your login verification. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP