Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

credit cards

Hello does anyone have a discover credit card and is it any good what are the benefits?

Matt the cat
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I have one and here are some of my thoughts:

- part of 'your credit approval process' may involve a 'real time telephone interview with "specific" reference to your 'credit profile' - such as where did you live before, the name of the streets, your high school, etc - with very specific details you should know (multiple choice - makes it easier)

- once approved - you can choose one of their 'nicely designed cards' like a beach front with trees or American flag, neon green, etc.... well, I like the unique designs

-in your first year if you spend something like $3,000 dollars they will give you double that in % rebates

- most important feature - this a Reward Rebate card - earn up to 5% on every quarterly per year ( categories like 'groceries,' drug stores, restaurants, etc = it revolves ) but always a 1% on everything you buy - no annual fee. You can redeem for gift cards or you can get 'statement credit back' to reduce your debt/ balance or even an electronic check sent to you (your bank account).

- their Reward Redemption catalog is pretty good; will often have discounts or sales on some items

- their online website is easy to navigate

- when you do use their card at the counter - you may ask for 'cash back' = real cash - from your account (like an automatic ATM just right there)

- I've been satisfied with this card

😎  I recently redeemed a $100 BestBuy gift card - while only using $95.00 worth of Reward Points (yes, there was a discount on this item at the time)

Periodic Contributor

Thank you for the great info Matt 

Matt the cat
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP