Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Senior Advocacy Work

Does AARP do any work related to senior advocacy.. as an example, I see a lot of advertisements for finance consulting, healthcare services ets., But nothing related to why the price of hearing aids and eye lense surgery costs so much.. has anyone done any work to see if there is a relationship between purchase cost of these health aids and the actual cost to manufacture and service?

Community Concierge

@BillH759563 I'm glad you asked! As a strong, nonpartisan advocate for social change at the local, state and national levels, AARP Advocacy fights for issues that matter to people 50-plus, their families, and society, such as:

• Promoting adequate, affordable health care, including prescription drugs and long-term care.
  • Helping experienced workers and job seekers and fighting age discrimination in the workplace.
  • Promoting family caregiver-support bills to help more people live independently.
  • Leading efforts to strengthen and protect Social Security and promote other retirement savings efforts to help everyone achieve life-long financial security.
  • Fostering livable communities with affordable and appropriate housing, supportive community features and mobility options.

To learn more about our Advocacy efforts, go to action.aarp.org.

For updates on our advocacy for health and financial issues impacting older Americans, including our latest 2022 Legislative Priorities (PDF, 171 KB), I invite you to visit our Government Watch Advocacy page.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for the very informative response!  I will be looking at your suggestions.. I want to get involved!

Bill

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@BillH759563 You are most welcome! If you're interested in getting involved with AARP through volunteering, we have several programs! I invite you to visit www.aarp.org/volunteer to explore our volunteer roles.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP