Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Instant wins

Rip off

Periodic Contributor

They would be better off just getting rid of these spinners. It's a nice idea, but they are poorly done. They bog down when the site is busy and are misleading. The old way was quick and simple.

And it's not a ripoff. I've won many times.

Community Concierge

Hi Myfathersdaughter! You need to get 3 pictures of the gift card to win. It will also tell you if you won, followed up with an email. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How is this not a winner then!How is this not a winner then!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi vr2750! You need to have 3 matching of the gift card that the spin is for. For example: 3 Macy's gift cards etc. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Contributor

Can you please tell me why this is not a winner?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi er3548. I'm sorry about the confusion, but you did not win the Instant Win. The Rewards Team is aware of this issue and working to resolve it. I have added 50 points to your AARP Rewards account. If you have any questions, I'm always here to help. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

is that even legal? not giving a prize won? so I looked at their rules and

their rules state -ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.

so they know it's malfunctioning and they don't shut it down until it's fixed, and they think that's ok? they are just disappointing people - not a smart or kind way to treat their customers.

Periodic Contributor

AARP.png

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

you should honor people's wins ..instead of another  'OOPS'....it was your mistake...and it's the RIGHT thing to do since you are aware of the problem and not warning people...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 23-45-51 AARP Rewards Explore Ways to Reward Yourself.png

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm truly disgusted that you aren't warning people

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/23/24) @boscomagoo , warning people about what? ๐Ÿค”

[*** @boscomagoo wrote:

I'm truly disgusted that you aren't warning people ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

warning people that the game is not working and when it looks like you won with 3 matching icons you really didn't.. they admit the game is broken here in the community comments but not near the games that what looks like a win isn't...i've had 2 'winners' in the last 3 days that they say aren't...because you can't believe your eyes on the slot machine, you can only believe the words below the game that should match, but don't.  so, now I know it's broken, but how will I know when it's fixed? I thought after a few days it probably was fixed, only for it to happen again .I think it is irresponsible for them to keep the broken game running without telling people.. I feel so strongly because to me, it's a simple case of right and wrong and not telling people it's broken ahead of them playing only to disappoint them when they think they've won is just wrong.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/24/24) @boscomagoo , thanks for your response to my question. AARP sees no need to care about their members and NEWBIES will replace the Old Timers who leave. It is all about selling ads = $$$  As long as folks continue to play these "defective" games, there will be NO fix.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @boscomagoo wrote:

warning people that the game is not working and when it looks like you won with 3 matching icons you really didn't.. they admit the game is broken here in the community comments but not near the games that what looks like a win isn't...i've had 2 'winners' in the last 3 days that they say aren't...because you can't believe your eyes on the slot machine, you can only believe the words below the game that should match, but don't.  so, now I know it's broken, but how will I know when it's fixed? I thought after a few days it probably was fixed, only for it to happen again .I think it is irresponsible for them to keep the broken game running without telling people.. I feel so strongly because to me, it's a simple case of right and wrong and not telling people it's broken ahead of them playing only to disappoint them when they think they've won is just wrong. ***]

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@NicoleRetired2020FL   We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies in the outcome of the games, and we apologize for the confusion. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. As you continue to play, rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. Thanks for your AARP Rewards loyalty!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

broken for a long time now...how will we know when it's fixed? do you expect everyone to just play the broken games without telling them they are broken? Shame on you for  that. seriously how hard would it be to put a line on the page explaining the problem or do enjoy disappointing people? don't need the boiler plate customer service...just let people know what the deal is.

Community Concierge

Hi boscomagoo! We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies in the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/25/24) Jodee R. @AARPConsumerCare , do you READ the Member Complaints BEFORE responding to members??? ๐Ÿค”

[1] This is the 3rd time I have received a response from AARP @AARPConsumerCare that is being used by SEVERAL AARP employees that has ZERO to do with my comment!!!  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

[2] I was NOT complaining or asking for help - I responded to a Member who was.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

[3] This is the 2nd time my OLD username was used. I was told that there is a "glitch" with your site. Lol, what else is new???  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

[4] Anyway, I miss the personal and helpful responses from @AARPJanelleM and @AARPTeri . I guess now we are stuck with ONE AARP account that NO LONGER reads our comments. ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** JODEE R. @AARPConsumerCare wrote:

@NicoleRetired2020FL   We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies in the outcome of the games, and we apologize for the confusion. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. As you continue to play, rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. Thanks for your AARP Rewards loyalty!  Jodee R. ***]

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Nicole! @SpringIsHereSoHappy .....
or is it @NicoleRetired2020FL   ๐Ÿ˜ƒ LOL!! 
Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!
nerdy tech gal.JPGnerdy tech guy.JPGHAHAAA
You go girl!.... You tell em girl!! โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘โ€ผ๏ธ

Take care!     

โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒ„ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  ๐ŸŽจ

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/25/24) Lol @Therapist4u ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

[*** ALLEN @Therapist4u wrote:
Hi Nicole! @SpringIsHereSoHappy .....
or is it @NicoleRetired2020FL   ๐Ÿ˜ƒ LOL!! 
Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!
HAHAAA
You go girl!.... You tell em girl!! โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘โ€ผ๏ธ

Take care!     

โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒ„ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  ๐ŸŽจ  ***]

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

Can you please tell me why my screen is not a winner??

Community Concierge

@vr2750  We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies in the outcome of the games, and we're sorry for the confusion! We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible, however, rest assured, the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game. I've refunded the 50 points you used, and thank you for being a loyal AARP Rewards member!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I don't mean to pile on here, but "rest assured"?  Difficult to rest assured when the rules say you have a winner but the message says you don't.  It's happened to me 4 times in less than two weeks, both on the tiles game (r.i.p.) and the slot machine.  I've got 4 screenshots I could share if I knew how.  If this were happening anywhere else, wouldn't people be calling it a scam, and a dishonest one at that?  What was fun and sometimes rewarding now feels more like a shell game at a shady carnival.

Periodic Contributor

Can you tell me why my screen is not a winner??

Periodic Contributor

They are Macy's Gift Cards...It is the Macy's Gift Card Instant Win.

Periodic Contributor

Click on the read more below the picture.

Trusted Contributor

I just got this screen.

Screenshot_20240229_062842_Chrome.jpg

Conversationalist

So people that get 3 matches don't win and if you match nothing you do win..But they are aware of the problem.The explanations trying to explain all the questions is beyond pitiful.Its screwed up and they are just as clueless as we are.Why its not taken down till its fixed is strange.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP