Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Consumer Cellular

How does everyone feel about dealing with Consumer Cellular.  

I have never experienced such awful customer service.

I'm 55 and am proficient with computers.  They made my new service so confusing and awful.  

I warned my mother, who is not great with technology to NOT go with them.

It seems funny that they keep winning JD Power awards.  

Maybe AARP can actually look into this.  I trusted them because I enjoy my AARP membership and trusted their recommendations.

0 Kudos

I have been trying since October to get Consumer Cellular to charge me $55 for two lines, unlimited talk, text & data according to the advertisement sent out by AARP using code AARP55. They are still over charging me. Can AARP help with this?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi PatC410495! Have you called them with your Membership number? As you know, that price does not include taxes and fees. Please give them a call at 1-888-345-5509. If you have spoken to them already, we are happy to help. Please visit https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp to chat, text, or speak with a representative who can get you in touch with our Member Relations team. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding Consumer Cellular We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Consumer Cellular to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with Consumer Cellular, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPMariamaA” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks

Mariama A.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Hi, Dwayne! Welcome to our AARP Community!

Here is what is found online regarding JD Powers rankings: based on actual customer interactions.

But for me, great customer service is never having to contact you after we've engaged in our business transaction. Sooooooo... for me, if based on actual customer interactions, perhaps companies with fewer interactions might be providing better service?????

Just sayin' 😉

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.  

I'm confused about what you are trying to say....Here's what you found?  I didnt see anything.  I'm not sure what the following text is saying as well....

But for me, great customer service is never having to contact you after we've engaged in our business transaction. Sooooooo... for me, if based on actual customer interactions, perhaps companies with fewer interactions might be providing better service?????

Just sayin' 

I'm a fairly intelligent person but totally confused here.  Could you explain?

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

when I google JD Power awards (which you cited in your original post): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.D._Power

I then provided my personal opinion, which is if ratings are based on personal interactions, such as those required for JDPower award, perhaps having no personal interactions might indicate better experiences. My apologies for the confusion; I'll remove my response if you would like.

Thank you.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”

Thank you WebWise.  Your input is appreciated.  I will also click on the link you sent.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP