Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Word Wipe Strategy

Message 1 of 19

I learned that you can clear 3 "like letters" to get them out of the way - near the end it helps clear the board.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

If you drag a bomb to a letter tile and release it, that tile and any tile touching that tile will be eliminated.  Great if you get to the end of a round and wind up with letters that can't make a word.  You can blow them up and get a double score.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

how does the bomb work?  I cant find any instructions

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

Practice is the only way to work up the higher score. But they need to give complete rules and instruction, lame.....

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

I am with you on all your pints.I also think but of course not sure, that the game seems to throw a un-penatratable game to you whenthey want to close you out. This website NEEDS to give complete instructilons or rules to know before you just have to wing it!  The last two weeks I can not get mush over 16,000 although my highest score due to pratice has been21,000.  Weird in my opinion as I am mus=ch faster than beore. Can't figure that one! Hang in there!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

I finally bothered to look at the timer. Sheesh. You get 2 minutes through 12 rounds, then 90 seconds for round 13, 80 for 14... I need to calm myself with a crossword puzzle. The NYT has a timer but I ignore it.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

Round 15 is the highest I've gotten also.  My high game is 29,0400.  Ive been trying for a few months now to beet that score.  I would like to hit upon 30,000.  As far as long words I have found that I can make 3 or 4 short words in the time I might find a long word.  So I sort of think I'm better off with that strategy but I could be wrong.  I'd really like to hear from people that are scoring 50,000 or 60,000 points and find out how they do it.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

It looks like you've already had 10 replies - why can't I see them? I read on another site that you should use bonus bombs to clear the board and double your score in early rounds. Apparently the bombs are easier to earn in early rounds - but hold a couple back for later. I find that at round 13 and beyond the time seems to run out more quickly, have been trying to find out about that... I've never gotten past 15. I save my bombs for the late rounds, because I'm really just competing against myself to see how far I can get. When I have odd letters at the end of a round I try to connect them every which way, have come up with some pretty strange combinations that end up being words!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

The best strategy is to use a lot of long words.  I don't know if uncommon words get you more points, but they ought to.  That way, when you get to the end of the board and use up all the letters (or use the bomb to get rid of them) you double an even higher score.  The most points I've had so far BEFORE the double is about 1900.  I find that getting about 25,000 is pretty easy for me, but going much over 30,000 is more difficult.  My biggest problem is using the mouse.  I have a problem with tremors in my hands, and every once in a while I get a big one and the mouse jumps all over the screen.  I can still type all right, though, so it would be nice if I could type in the words instead of mousing them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

In anwer to the complaint about having trouble clicking on the right game.....I just book marked my two favorite games so I can go directly to them, if that suggestion helps.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season