Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Word Wipe Strategy

Message 1 of 11

The best strategy is to use a lot of long words.  I don't know if uncommon words get you more points, but they ought to.  That way, when you get to the end of the board and use up all the letters (or use the bomb to get rid of them) you double an even higher score.  The most points I've had so far BEFORE the double is about 1900.  I find that getting about 25,000 is pretty easy for me, but going much over 30,000 is more difficult.  My biggest problem is using the mouse.  I have a problem with tremors in my hands, and every once in a while I get a big one and the mouse jumps all over the screen.  I can still type all right, though, so it would be nice if I could type in the words instead of mousing them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

In anwer to the complaint about having trouble clicking on the right game.....I just book marked my two favorite games so I can go directly to them, if that suggestion helps.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

Did you ever get a reply to your word wipe question?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

I had it cut off in the middle of a game—it just froze, no way to reactivate it that I could see. It was annoying, because for once I was doing well :-). The thing that truly irritates me about the "new games" (or new format) is the screen jumping constantly. If I click on Word Wipes on the "all" games menu, I get Mathdoku, three or four games above Word Wipes. Sometimes it takes two or three tries to get the right game. Also, the Mahjongg games begin to load, then stop, then start again, then go to a white screen, then have to be reloaded all over again. I do not have problems like this (the jumping screen for example) on any other website, so I have to assume it's something that happened with the changeover on the AARP site.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

It is slow to load but don't think I have ever had it cut off in the middle of a game.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

I only figured out the bomb after I had been playing for about a month.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I find it slow to load, but it never quit mid-game on me.  That's just horrible.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11
Lousy > Slow to load. Often, will not open after loading. Frequently. quits in mid-game. Poor !!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

I haven't gotten to 15,000 yet.  Didn't know about 3 of the same letter thing.  Will try that out.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

I can't get above 32,000 or the 15th level, but for what it's worth- You probably know if you clear the board, your score doubles.  Bigger words are worth more points.  You get a bomb after you clear lines in a certain amount of time (I think).  If you have three of the same letters in a row, you can clear them if you want to.  You get a minimum amount of points, but it comes in handy at times.  I feel like there has to be a lot more little things like this that we don't know.

Kudos
Views