Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Top Scores on Leaderboard

All the scoreboards with members reaching 1-4 million must be fake because I cannot even validate they are actual members by searching or reversing their names. Can anyone shed light on the validity of these members?

Contributor

I play today's hurdle every day.  One day I was on my old computer because my husband was using mine.  Found out that when I returned to my regular computer, it thought I hadn't played yet.  So just for kicks I put in all the words I had already discovered.  In other words, a perfect game.  Did I get a top score?  No.  I got an all time top score of 10,800 and yet every day there are top scores of 16,200.  Since the game isn't timed, how is this possible???  Must be fake somehow.

Periodic Contributor

If you enable "Hard Mode" in the settings, you would see the perfect score of 16,200.  With that being said, it is laughable that people play using multiple names just to achieve the 16,200 on a daily basis.

Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry to inform, but Lumeno scoreboard gets better and better, erhm, I mean higher and higher. Rank 1: 10M. Amazeballs. ๐Ÿคบ

Lumeno The Scoreboard Gets Better lol.png

[REF: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Leave-a-Game-Tip/Achieve-a-7-Figure-Score-in-Lumeno/m-p/2502667/highli...]

Honored Social Butterfly

Hello. Unfortunately, it's the way of the online world! I play various online games, and see it everywhere, all the time -- for years. It's infuriating. The true challenge anymore is not to be number 1, it's to try to have fun knowing that you cannot be number 1. I mean, you can still try...AIM HIGH. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, any particular game/games are you referring to? ๐Ÿ™‚  More specifically, are you referring to Lumeno? [You posted something about this earlier... https://community.aarp.org/t5/Games-Talk/Lumeno/m-p/2502062/highlight/true#M3405]

Lumeno Top Scores.png

I have played this game several times. The scores are so high...I have never come close, nor do I see how it can be done. However, the game does make me cross-eyed after a while. lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes Lumeno is ONE of them. But I also see this gaming platform (Arkadium) does not reply to consumer complaints after a number of attempts. My other comment to someone else applies as well below in this thread.

Gold Conversationalist

Hey @KellytheBelly

So....the game does make you cross-eyed.....like this?

the game does make you cross-eyedthe game does make you cross-eyed

Take care!  โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒ„ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  ๐ŸŽจ

Honored Social Butterfly

Not really. It reminds me of a song, though.

>>> The Faces - Ooh La La (1973) <<<

Gold Conversationalist

Ha,....I have that album!

The Faces - Ooh La LaThe Faces - Ooh La La

Honored Social Butterfly

@BelleDeviante wrote:

All the scoreboards with members reaching 1-4 million must be fake because I cannot even validate they are actual members by searching or reversing their names. Can anyone shed light on the validity of these members?

@BelleDeviante,

I have challenged the "powers that be" to attempt to get some of the scores I see on these games.....like scores in the megamillions on the poker game. You and I know these scores are impossible regardless of length of time spent playing but the "powers that be" insist the scores are legit.

I don't believe them because they did the same thing with the 5ROLL game, a game patterned after Yahtzee. It has a maximum finite possible score and yet hackers were inputting multi-million point scores there too until the game was fixed so hackers couldn't affect the scoreboard.

I believe the scoreboards at AARP games are continuously hacked and impossible scores are input.

Im just appolled that of all online communities AAARP would allow such deception and disregard its guests and paying subscribers to be cheated out of such a valuable part of online gaming with scoring. I mean gaming is fun, but competition elevates the value of it all. Ive also tried several attempts at emailing the game developers and they have simply ignored me. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@BelleDeviante wrote:

Im just appolled that of all online communities AAARP would allow such deception and disregard its guests and paying subscribers to be cheated out of such a valuable part of online gaming with scoring. I mean gaming is fun, but competition elevates the value of it all. Ive also tried several attempts at emailing the game developers and they have simply ignored me. 

@BelleDeviante,

When the 5ROLL leader boards were obviously being hacked because 5ROLL is like Yahtzee, it has a finite number as a top score....somewhere in the 6,000's. Scores were appearing on the leader board in the hundreds of thousands and then, in the millions. AARP never admitted that their gaming platform was hacked but there was no other way these scores could get on the leader boards.

I sent several emails to Arkadium staff during that time and I did get multiple, personal responses. Judging from the language used, the names of the responders, and other factors.... I determined that the Arkadium staff that I was corresponding with were from an off shore location, either in Russia, Croatia, or Ukraine.

They finally fixed the issue with the 5ROLL leader board but during our back and forth conversations, they admitted that the issue would have been fixed much quicker if AARP had NOT placed restrictions as to what steps they could take to protect the leader boards.

It seemed to me, at the time, that the Arkadium staff wanted to fix the issue but the "powers that be" at AARP stopped them from doing so.

That could be the reason behind the ignoring from the game developers now.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP