Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

looking for slip proof stair treds for hardwood stairs

Contributor

looking for slip proof stair treds for hardwood stairs

Good morning,

Currently, the stairs in my house are plain polished hardwood.  Pretty, but very smooth.  So smooth my dog is reluctant to climb them.  So I thought I would take a cue from my dog and ask for recommendations on treds that can be added to stairs that would make them safer and more slip proof for everyone, animal and human.  

Thanks for any tips.

Rob

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hardwood can be very slippery. When our son was two he went head over heels down the stairs and lost a tooth. Not long after I slid down holding our then infant daughter.  I held her tightly and she only had a bruised cheek bone from bumping against mine. The thing I bruised most was my ego! Anyway we had carpet put on the stairs soon after.

@r698499r wrote:

Good morning,

Currently, the stairs in my house are plain polished hardwood.  Pretty, but very smooth.  So smooth my dog is reluctant to climb them.  So I thought I would take a cue from my dog and ask for recommendations on treds that can be added to stairs that would make them safer and more slip proof for everyone, animal and human.  

Thanks for any tips.

Rob

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP