Let me begin explaining the Holidays and my take on spending .
I like raising money for my favorite causes , then it's the beginning of shopping for family abroad and passing a few booklets for Guideposts .
I have a list on limited means and postage too. I try to help everyone with a budget . It's a big bunch including my neighborhood after storms hit . Anything might be a blessing in tough times. I like keeping the original spending under 50$ -100$ . I have made DIY gifts , baked and passed out mints . I had some events and employees on my list , they were last but not least . Helping others is on it too.
My partner of eleven years has the same things to get prepared for .
We split up and conquer the world in our own way.
Here's my game plan
1. Raise money for your church , causes and charities.
2. Use your points to give gifts to close family .
3. I give my friends , family and neighborhood emails , texts and cards .
4. I pass out booklets for Guideposts , my church . It's sometimes 500 books.
5. I like to give tangible goods to help the Goodwill .
6. Everyone else gets a mention in my prayers , or a wish in a free advertisement.
7. The tree is smaller and easy to get out.
8. We cook at home mostly. It's affordable .
9. Do something extra for your spouse as a gift.
10. Get plenty of rest , the holidays are stressful.
All good and noble things to do at any time of the year. Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward men women and children too! It seems that a lot of people act nicer at Christmastime but I think that it feels good to be kind no matter what the day of the year. I bet those people spending so much time and effort hating on each other because of their political views are going to be pretty disappointed to get nothing but a lump of coal in their stockings this year no matter who our next president turns out to be!
I don't think that Jesus would mind if you treated every day as Christmas. Glad tidings to you and may all your Christmases be bright and alright!
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.