Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

How Do You Make Friends?

I have four friends ( hubby included ) that I would consider very good friends. Meet two in my neighborhood, one at church and my husband through one of the Meet Up groups in my area.

How about you?  How have you met your current group of friends?  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I love to talk and I am very outgoing and can talk to anyone and everyone I happen to meet in a store, street, Dr's, we're ever. I have a lot of male friends and woman friends also. 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@PatriciaD562823 I have had some interesting conversations with people while waiting in a line.  Nice to know there are others that are outgoing and friendly.  Bet you have brightened many people's lives with your positive spirit.  Glad you have a nice network of friends.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Most of my friends I’ve met through other friends. Once I retired, I took that “never met a stranger” approach around people (seems I didn't have time when I was working). Why not? It doesn’t always work out that way but then again you might meet a new friend. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to take that approach now with social distancing and the pandemic.

Social Butterfly

@ReTiReD51 I really like your "never met a stranger" positive attitude.  As so many things in life, word of mouth, is a great way to increase your circle of friends. You're right, with COVID, it does take more effort.  But as I'm sure you have discovered, totally worth it!  My neighborhood community center just sent out activity sheet for Fall.  One is outdoor yoga.  That seems relatively COVID safe.  Going to give that a try.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP