Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿš— Honda, Acura Recall Cars Due to Faulty Airbags (AARP Article)

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿš— Honda, Acura Recall Cars Due to Faulty Airbags (AARP Article)

They may unintentionally inflate.

By Aaron Kassraie. Published February 06, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/auto/car-maintenance-safety/honda-acura-recall-faulty-airbags/

0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Trusted Social Butterfly

Just a Heads-Up...when I got this addressed they tried to sell me other 'repairs'.  I have a retired mechanic friend who inspects my car in exchange for computer upgrades (he's a Gamer) and I asked him to check it for me before I went in so I passed on their other 'concerns'.

View solution in original post

Bronze Conversationalist

I thought the Takata airbags may have shrapnel in them if they went off. 

View solution in original post

Bronze Conversationalist

I thought the Takata airbags may have shrapnel in them if they went off. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Just a Heads-Up...when I got this addressed they tried to sell me other 'repairs'.  I have a retired mechanic friend who inspects my car in exchange for computer upgrades (he's a Gamer) and I asked him to check it for me before I went in so I passed on their other 'concerns'.

Bronze Conversationalist

When I took my vehicle in for the anti-theft firmware recall, they tried to sell me tires (which I was aware I needed) & brakes (which I didn't know I actually needed... yet).  I did the brake job myself, they probably could had waited till spring.. but at least they are done.  They also tried to get me on a "major fluids change", which was done at another dealer about 15K back, yet they don't share info within their dealer networks... go figure. ๐Ÿค”

(2/22/24) Good that you can do some of the work yourself!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** @Tempest332 wrote:

When I took my vehicle in for the anti-theft firmware recall, they tried to sell me tires (which I was aware I needed) & brakes (which I didn't know I actually needed... yet).  I did the brake job myself, they probably could had waited till spring.. but at least they are done.  They also tried to get me on a "major fluids change", which was done at another dealer about 15K back, yet they don't share info within their dealers... go figure. ๐Ÿค”  ***]

0 Kudos

(2/22/24) Thanks Eric @EricC28201 , my daughter owns a Honda and it is on the LIST. I will "alert" her!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

[*** ERIC @EricC28201 wrote:

Just a Heads-Up...when I got this addressed they tried to sell me other 'repairs'.  I have a retired mechanic friend who inspects my car in exchange for computer upgrades (he's a Gamer) and I asked him to check it for me before I went in so I passed on their other 'concerns'.***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP