Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Unable to earn rewards?

Hello, when I go to the earn rewards page, I get this error:  

Filter By

This has been happening every time I have tried.

How do I fix this?

Thank you,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This is to everyone on this site that has read my problem, or has the same problem.

After several days of calling the contact #1-888-687-2277, and talking to 5 different people I was ready to cancel my membership! Then I talked to Josie (she is the greatest!), she not only listen, but she found me the help I needed for my problem, and then she had me talk to Zainab (she is also the greatest!), who got me back ALL my points. So it pays to go to the source, and keep trying til you find the right person to help you. I recommend asking for Josie.

Thank you to everyone that tryed to help me with their advice. It ended up that my problem was on  the company end, so I had to go to the company to have it fixed. If you have tried everthing I consider doing the same. I don't plan on using this site again, so don't reply because I will go to the company. Good Luck Too All!      Chin Up!      Have A Great Day!      Linda

0 Kudos
Contributor

I receive the same error message. How can this be fixed?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@iwinsweepstakes11   We have a few users who experiencing this issue and are working on the resolution.  I will email the group (you included) when we have a resolution.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Your question to me (Libbie) was answered below by someone else.  Yes, I am now earning rewards and I'm not getting the error message anymore.

Periodic Contributor

I can earn points, but I get that error every time I try to redeem points. This started happening about a week ago. I was redeeming points just fine since the new program started, then all of a sudden I can't. I tried 3 browsers on my phone and 2 on my desktop. I uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache, cleared data, everything I can think ok. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kmalleck   We are sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to access the redeem page, would it be possible to send a screen shot to me at community@aarp.org - I couldn't replicate this issue so would love to learn more and see how we can help.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm having the same problem described here, where I can't redeem points.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I sent a screenshot and email days ago, but haven't heard anything back and I still get the same error. Here's what I sent:

I have been unable to redeem reward points since 10/23. I can earn points, but I get an error every time I try to redeem points. You can see in my transaction history that I was entering every sweeps until that day. Attached is a screen shot of the message I get each time I try to redeem anything with points. I have tried 4 browsers on my phone and 2 browsers on my desktop and always get the same error. I saw that a member was getting the same error when she tried to earn points and you were able to fix her problem. Please help. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kmalleck   Thank you for sending the email that show the information.  I will let you know something asap.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Well, that was "fun" while it lasted. About 2 weeks ago,  AARP Rewards quit working for me. All the points I had earned have disappeared and I cannot earn any more. Since I lost all my points I have no points to redeem. Now after watching a video or taking a quiz I get a pop-up stating "You just missed AARP Rewards".  I am logged in and using Chrome.

My "Transaction History" gives me the message "There was an error processing your request. Please try again".

AARP Rewards for Good may not have been perfect, but at least it worked. The new AARP Rewards doesn't work at all. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @neldat357771 

Nelda, you may have tried this already; your issues happen to me everyday and I constantly get that error message "You Just Missed AARP Rewards".  

Let the AARP site caught up to your browser, when you see the just missed error message, close it and wait, the points badge will come up and you can watch videos or take quizzes.  

You have to keep refreshing the Transaction History page when you get it's error and wait until your points balance appears, then your transaction history and "See More".

The key for me is waiting until AARP site caughts up.

Hope it helps

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @kmalleck 

I know what you meanSmiley Frustrated, getting constant error messages after hitting the "seymouring" button and can't go back any further than 10/11/19 to view Transaction History.

I think the IT department is empty; or they need new employees, ones that actually work on problems.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin  

Trusted Social Butterfly

@lisaremy 

Hello Lisa,

Sure you've tried these things, but thought I'd suggest.  Change devices if you can, change browsers, when asked to refresh, logout and back in, clear cache.

I hope you can get in soon to earn points.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Hello Teri 

Can you help these folks out with their issues Please? 

Thanks appreciate your attention and help 

Hopefully this will get y'all

@lisaremy 

@libbief959254 

some help

Ginger  :  ) 

Regular Contributor

I get  the same error message

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@libbief959254   We are showing that you are earning points.  Has this issue been resolved for you?

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

Would someone from
aarp please answer?
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I emailed AARP to figure out why after becoming a member I am NOT getting 50% extra points, since Oct. 22 that they promise. I still only get non member points. I wanted someone from AARP to answer me, but they emailed me back, and told me to go to the chat room. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Teri

I received an emai that says do not reply:

Hi LindaL347546,
AARPTeri (Community Manager) posted a new reply in AARP Rewards on 10-31-2019 01:24 PM:

Re: Unable to earn rewards?

@libbief959254 We are showing that you are earning points. Has this issue been resolved for you?

My replly: No. The quiz says I will get 300 points, but I only get 200 same as non members.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @LindaL347546 

Linda, that is very discouraging and no help via your emailSmiley Sad

@AARPTeri could you please help with @LindaL347546 getting points for a paying member?

Hope someone answersSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP