Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Regular Contributor

Hey AARP - you cheated me!

So I got this email from AARP to "spin the wheel" on my birthday to earn extra points.  So I did and the Wheel clearly says "1500 pts" but the "congratulations" says only 750 pts!  What a SCAM!  Here's a screenshot:

Well - I can't see the screenshot - - here's what I got when I tried to post: 

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

This is really lowww AARP! 

Regular Contributor

Thanks @Vexed - good idea and I checked and got only 750 pts -

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

You are welcome @hondochica . It was worth a look.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@hondochica, I am not surprised at your issue.

This is the same AARP that partnered with THE ENTERTAINMENT BOOK for coupon rewards where I earned enough points to print a coupon for a free round of golf at one of our local golf courses only to find:

(1) The golf course was closed due to bankruptcy.

(2) The golf course closed, due to bankruptcy, PRIOR to the appearance of the coupon in AARP'S reward program.

(3) The golf course had been closed over a year prior to the appearance of the coupon in AARP'S REWARD PROGRAM. The course had weeds growing, chain link fences surrounding it, padlocks on the fences.

(4) Further research showed that the course was forced into bankruptcy because the owners of the course had been involved in spurious legal matter. The government forced the bankruptcy.

Since then, and this was several years ago, I haven't paid a bit of attention to AARP's REWARDS PROGRAM.

I have several other examples where I had coupons for restaurants that were closed, or the restaurant refused to accept the coupon because they never signed up to be a participant in the program, or the restaurant never heard of the program.

Regular Contributor

hmmmm . .   why am I not surprised  . . .   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP