Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Fitness Tracking - plans to support Samsung Gear or Google Fit?

Contributor

Fitness Tracking - plans to support Samsung Gear or Google Fit?

Hi all,

New member who just hit the "50 club" and I was looking into the benefits, etc. I would like to synch my fitness tracker to my account for the rewards points, but the system doesn't seem to support Google Fit or my Samsung watch. Are there any plans to at least support Google Fit? For folks on Android, this seems like it would be a good addition rather than forcing us into a particular third-party manufacturer.

Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Concierge

@JenniferN48024 Welcome to our family! Due to the numerous manufacturers of fitness devices we are unable to support them all. The following fitness trackers are currently supported by AARP Rewards:

• Apple Health
  • Fitbit 
  • Garmin Connect
  • Misfit
  • Withings

We apologize for any inconvenience and will note your device type for future consideration. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

"Google Fit" is an android app which is not specific to any kind of device. ALL android phones have the app... 

Hmmm... kind of like Apple Health (which comes with iPhones and Apple Watches).

I agree! I was very disappointed when my Samsung Smart Watch or Galaxy S10 phone do not connect. You are ignoring a huge portion of your non-Apple audience and we would appreciate your taking better care of our needs/preferences.

Contributor

Agreed. Google Fit would support all Android users without having to pick a specific manufacturer.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP