Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Announcing a New Way to Earn – Staying Sharp Challenges

Community Manager
Community Manager

Announcing a New Way to Earn – Staying Sharp Challenges

What are Staying Sharp Challenges?

They are fun and interactive challenges focused on different aspects of brain health, such as memory, focus and problem-solving. Each challenge is comprised of multiple activities that include games, puzzles, quizzes, and articles.

How do I earn points for the Staying Sharp Challenges?

Each challenge is made up of several activities that help you learn, practice and apply new skills you can incorporate into your daily life and take a little longer than completing the average quiz or video. Once all activities within the challenge are completed you will earn 1,050 points!

Where can I find Staying Sharp Challenges?

The latest challenges are always included on the Earn Page (https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/) and labeled as “Challenge”. These activities will continue to evolve over time, so be sure to check out the earn page on a regular basis for new challenges.

How often can I earn points for Staying Sharp Challenges?

Each Staying Sharp Challenge is unique and eligible to earn points one time only at completion.

Who is eligible to participate in the Staying Sharp Challenges?

You must be an AARP Member to participate and earn points for these challenges.

Happy Learning!

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

I've played the Right Again Trivia for the past 2 days.  I see the message that I received 200 points for playing but instead my reward points dropped!  I lost 800 points today and at least 500 points yesterday.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@Linda2000 Did you use the "power up" buttons?   If not, I'll be sure not to play again until the issue is fixed.   I enjoy the trivia but don't like that it attempts to extract points from the players.  I imagine one cannot get the highest scores without giving up points if not sure of an answer.  Don't know that for sure.  I do endure the video for 150 game points, lol.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPTeri   I am having a problem with the new challenge.  I get to the "chunking" page of info and I can't scroll down to the rest of the info no matter what I attempt to do with my screen.  The page is too large or something like that.  It's an interesting topic and I would like to complete it.  Any ideas on how I can get it to reveal the rest of the text?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@HokiePoq It sounds like you may need to zoom out. What browser are you using? Here is the help page for how to zoom on Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq  and @AARPJanelleM , is the part you are having trouble with on "Memory Chunking" step 3 about the 3rd page of the set?

https://stayingsharp.aarp.org/challenges/memory-chunking/step-3/learn-grouping/ 

If so, that page does stop part way down with no scroll option. I am using a computer and chrome browser.  Seems to be a coding problem since the problem only appeared on the one page. But I was able to resize to view.

If you "un zoom" to 75% you can get the "back" and "next" button to be in view to continue the challenge (no scroll bar but you can use the buttons). But, on the next page is the memory game to play and if you leave it on 75%, the numbers that it wants you to remember cover part of the keypad for you to press your entries. But at least you can finish the challenge. Should be able to make it smaller in any browser to get to the next button for that page, don't know about phones.Check to make sure your browser goes back to your usual setting when you move on.

Hope this helps.

Gold Conversationalist

@Vexed   Thanks so much for accurately describing the problem.  Hope our admins can get the techies to correct this.   I will try to follow your great directions, but it would be much better for the techs to fix it for everyone to be able to use.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

You are very welcome @HokiePoq . Yes, it should be fixed. Coding errors are easy to make and fix. But, at least if anyone can get it to work for them and finish the challenge it should at least help to move on. I got to finish the challenge that way. Good luck and happy challenges. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM  It's zoom in need to do.  Too big to see the scroll bar.   Tried to do so but cannot get it small enough.  I am using  Edge.  Not an issue with other pages.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@HokiePoq If the image on the screen is too big to see the scroll bar and you cannot get it small enough, I believe you will want to do the zoom out option, not zoom in. Here is the help page for zooming with Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/accessibility-features-in-microsoft-edge-4c696192...

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I played both Faces & Names and Declutter. Both show 6/6 completed, but I never got points.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

we can all see earn activities

need rewards to use the earned points on

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP