Where I want to travel

Jamaica or Hawaii it has always been my dream. I see the commercial on TV and say to myself, one day God is going to bless me to go to one of these places. I was a single mother raising 3 kids by myself. Didn’t get a chance to experience nothing in my younger years. I’m a 50+ lady and  every time I plan to go to Jamaica, something always comes up and all my plans get cancel. Can you make a dream come true for me?

Trusted Contributor

Hi @CharleneW898291 , I was born in Jamaica, now living in Virginia. Try to go during the "off season" - NOT Winter or Summer. Up north is cold and kids are out of school/family vacations. We would luv to hear from you again. Thanks, Nicole 🙂

@CharleneW898291 wrote:

Jamaica or Hawaii it has always been my dream. I see the commercial on TV and say to myself, one day God is going to bless me to go to one of these places. I was a single mother raising 3 kids by myself. Didn’t get a chance to experience nothing in my younger years. I’m a 50+ lady and  every time I plan to go to Jamaica, something always comes up and all my plans get cancel. Can you make a dream come true for me?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Charlene, I would recommend you start by contacting AARP Travel Agent for ideas and advice how to get started.  Hawai'i is easy, but for Jamaica you should probably use a professional travel agent.  I would recommend going to Hawai'i first - it's "foreign" w/o being "foreign" - learn how to travel within the States then venture forth into the world.

Regular Contributor

YOU HAVE TO DO IT.  no one can do it for you. decide and go for it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP