Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Cataract Surgery

Cataract Surgery!

I am a minus 16 on the myopic spectrum. Meaning I am blind without

glasses. Dr expects me to go without with a big patch over one eye for

a day after surgery.☺ I cannot even find toilet without glasses!

ie no glasses. What do I do?

Periodic Contributor

I just had cataract surgery performed on my eyes. One at a time. My patch was a small plastic cup type affair. Hard to put on and tape, but i had plenty of room to wear my glasses, a bit crooked, when my first eye was done so i could still get around. This allowed me to see with the one eye without the patch. Once the patch came off for me, I saw with that eye that just had the surgery at 20/20 and it seemed to override my still bad eye, that I did not need glasses at all. 

this is life changing for me as i wore glasses for over 50 years and now have 20/20 both eyes. Can't read without reading glasses as i did not want to spend the big bucks for the best lens available. 3 reading glasses for $15.00. 

Hopefully you have as much success as I did with your surgery.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Spring is not here for me. Thank you for the reply!

Family & friends are dead or down in southern states. Am getting paid livery

for surgery

Rearranging will not help. I cannot see

the toilet, a delivery or livery truck. ( or anything. CANNOT see the cell phone. You do not underastand

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/25/24) @LizzieS433377 , I apologize for NOT being "helpful"  👵

[*** LIZZIE @LizzieS433377 wrote:

Spring is not here for me. Thank you for the reply!

Family & friends are dead or down in southern states. Am getting paid livery for surgery.

Rearranging will not help. I cannot see the toilet, a delivery or livery truck. ( or anything. CANNOT see the cell phone. You do not underastand ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/24/24) @LizzieS433377 , did you ask your doctor IF there was a way to have someone to "help" - maybe your Insurance will cover this. Maybe ask family or friend. I am assuming someone is picking you up after the surgery. Maybe PREPARE ahead of your surgery by "changing" your surroundings so you can "move around" safely.  👵

[*** LIZZIE @LizzieS433377 wrote:

Cataract Surgery!

I am a minus 16 on the myopic spectrum. Meaning I am blind without

glasses. Dr expects me to go without with a big patch over one eye for

a day after surgery.☺ I cannot even find toilet without glasses!

ie no glasses. What do I do? ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP