Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

stimulus, free government money SCAMS straight to your phone notifications, thanks to Google ads.

Regular Contributor

stimulus, free government money SCAMS straight to your phone notifications, thanks to Google ads.

There has been a good deal of discussion and articles here regarding scams and this one in particular. I decided that this reached a new level for me personally today when i bought a new phone and within the first few hours, i got notifications from Google, both of which where alleged "stimulus" check and free government money ads that are bait to scamming sites. Google has little interest in controlling this because of the enormous advertising profits they are raking in from these scammers... and these were among the FIRST notifications to come through on my smartphone and...

they are from the maker of the Operating System which comes on the phone... and they ARE SCAMS!!!.

safety and privacy online will NEVER be given to you just because that is what is right...

you must protect and educate yourself and your loved-ones on your own, because no one else will do it for you.  NO COMPANY has your best interests at heart whenever those conflict with their bottom-line.

beware online.

good lucks!

Regular Social Butterfly

Perhaps also consider scammers can perpetrate as Google, as they do with other legitimate companies, and not blame Google????? Perhaps the phone service provider might investigate? Just, maybe...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Better yet, have as little to do with these "phones" as possible. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP