Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Windows 10 "search" and the recycle bin ?

Gold Conversationalist

Windows 10 "search" and the recycle bin ?

How can I prevent the Windows 10 "search" function from returning files from the Recycle Bin?

Is this possible? Yes, I have Googled this and I am hoping for the "simple" explanation, not the 5,000,000 results to overly-lengthy articles that aren't giving me what I need...the 4 EZ Steps.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Choice delete recycle bin crap.

Or settings>search>Choose enhanced search (vs. classic search) and exclude folders like Recycle bin.

*Fair warning presently on iPhone and I may have missed a step. It's just easier when I have Windows in front of me.

**And make certain you have all patches and updates applied on your Win 10 puter, one of the patches temporarily broke "search".

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

I assume you usually delete all items from your recycle bin

Gold Conversationalist

Thank you easyed for your comment.

I would still like to suppress results from the dumpster but you bring up a good point... clean out the dumpster regularly and there will be nothing to suppress. So I did that today, emptied the recycle bin and Search was much easier to take (it was actually useful).

Thanks for the tip!

@easyed598 wrote:

I assume you usually delete all items from your recycle bin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP