Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Thanks to Facebook๐Ÿ˜ก

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks to Facebook๐Ÿ˜ก

For storing passwords in readable text.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/facebook-we-stored-hundreds-of-millions-of-passwords-in-plain-text/

Might be a great time to change password and/or also set up 2Factor Authentication.

Although it appears for the moment that passwords have been accessed by those outside FB, it just one more oh geez moment. And I canโ€™t help but, draw similarities between FB and other companies caught weeks months later for same problems.

From Sophos an opinion I trust.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2019/03/21/change-your-facebook-password-now/

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Kewl Facebook and Instagram now admit they were slightly off on the numbers of passwords in plaintext files by 100 times more.

If you did change password and set 2 factor authentication your probably golden, if not your call.

For these issues figure what the heck, might as well๐Ÿ˜‡.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2019/04/19/facebook-we-logged-100x-more-instagram-plaintext-passwor...

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This is simply one of an endless stream of data breaches, insecurity. Everyone knows what they should be doing, but most do not.

Passwords should be complex, changed regularly, and different for every site. You can keep a little notebook by your PC that has all your passwords, id's, security questions. Yeah, old-fashioned pencil and paper for your use only.

There is no true security. There is only doing your best to take security precautions.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

All breaches are getting down right weird of late.

New Computer pwned Or pre-hacked by makers like ASUS, getting harder after 51?? Years in it, Trying to keep up with all issues.

But, plaintext on there end FB is a lesson waiting to happen.

Stull using 36 character passwords, times 600 accounts and user names. None re-used but, geez the binder just doesnโ€™t work anymore.

A functioning and encrypted password manager on my memory stick is about all that works for the moment.

Froze

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP