Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

June 2024, Auto safety story

i read your article with great interes but I would like to know if the auto  industry is looking at the distracted driver aspect of all these new technologies particularly if there are no passengers in the car.Does the NTSB consider this when they approve these features. I am also concerned about the cost of repair/replace for these new features.

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

When I signed up for Hartford, they were going to give me some kind of discount if I had a smartphone, I told them they should be giving me a discount not having a smartphone. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Maybe they were talking about using the AARP safe driving app. Other insurance companies have their own apps or plug-in hardware to check driving. 

I used the AARP app (without any insurance incentive) for several years just for kicks. It was interesting and I found it useful. i changed phones and hadn't set it up again but I think I will. People might give this app a try even before letting their insurer have access, they might get some good feedback on their driving habits.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP