Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly
Trusted Social Butterfly

There is another term, "dumbfake," being used.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5658809/deepfakes-dumbfakes-election-integrity/

This is a dumbfake image I made 10 years ago:

GiraffeTomato.jpg

When I showed a print of this image to the owner of the garage in the background, she thought that the giraffe was a big cardboard cutout.  I fooled her because she thought the giraffe's shadow was real.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Idk about others but, I am so sick of the darn catfishing!!!  Sorry, but the way I look at it...the darn IT corporations have been raking in millions and billions of dollars since all this technology boom, but could care less if there users are being targeted and violated. Certainly there must be something (new coders making new technology) they can put into this system and stop it!!! 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky 

Followed your link and went back to original missive, posted there.

Guess we’ll just have to wait for DARPA to be capable of spotting deep fakes, in action. They seem to believe it’s a threat.

That link basically dumbed down the concept to English vs geekspeak, with links to DARPA and digital forensic research within it’s body.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem wrote:

@aruzinsky 

Followed your link and went back to original missive, posted there.

Guess we’ll just have to wait for DARPA to be capable of spotting deep fakes, in action. They seem to believe it’s a threat.

That link basically dumbed down the concept to English vs geekspeak, with links to DARPA and digital forensic research within it’s body.

Froze

Actually, I was trying to pander to those with the intelligence and depth of interest to make their own deep fakes.

I, myself, am currently engaged in another project involving neural networks.  Specifically, development of image enlargements algorithms.

Incidentally, for those with sufficient intelligence and depth of interest, the best image enlargement service using neural nets is free, without any strings (like divulging person information), and available here:

https://waifu2x.booru.pics/

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP