Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Comodo Breach Exposed

The hacked database contains information on users of the forum, including login username, actual name, e-mail address, hashed passwords, last IP used to access the forums, and some social media usernames in very limited situations.

https://www.crn.com/news/security/comodo-breach-exposes-account-login-info-for-up-to-245-000-users

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Problem with not having retired, yet!

Subscribed to several hacking and bug sites, Comodo has been hacked before, and it struck a bell for most recommended here.

Had to link it to group, just in case. 

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

The irony!

These are user data from their own forum, right? So if if one never used their forum, it should be okay?

Although, now one has to wonder if they still fulfill the web of trust principle. I have a few domains with the free Let's Encrypt certificates. Yeah, I know, I'm cheap, and it came back to possibly bite me. I'll have to check what DreamHost's word on this will be.

Thanks for sharing the article, @Frozenoem 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP