Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bluetooth mini-speaker (CSF-S10) - no passcode?

Contributor

Bluetooth mini-speaker (CSF-S10) - no passcode?

Is it possible to passcode the Bluetooth mini-speaker (CSF-S10) that AARP gifted subscribers so that it CAN'T be publicly accessed (i.e., "paired") by nearby neighbors? Once paired, my phone notes that it's "currently visible to nearby devices." It seems to be a grave oversight that the device is not inherently protected.

Posting 3/19/2024, 3:40pm

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Regular Contributor

I do not know about this speaker specifically, but is it very very common for audio devices to not have pin#s for bluetooth... I've owned or used a dozen and never had one that did... although many do have a special button for pairing and is not visible unless pressed... this is a feature on about half ive used..

and if not already a feature on the speaker, it likely cannot be changed in any reasonable way.

sorry for that possibly bad news.

all the best!

View solution in original post

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I do not know about this speaker specifically, but is it very very common for audio devices to not have pin#s for bluetooth... I've owned or used a dozen and never had one that did... although many do have a special button for pairing and is not visible unless pressed... this is a feature on about half ive used..

and if not already a feature on the speaker, it likely cannot be changed in any reasonable way.

sorry for that possibly bad news.

all the best!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP