Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Android and VPN check this out

Honored Social Butterfly

Android and VPN check this out

Your app may be malware laden.

https://www.hackread.com/popular-free-android-vpn-apps-on-play-store-contain-malware/

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Contributor

Unforunately many Android and iOS apps as well are written by young programmers whom really have no backing from main stream cybersecurity professionals.  This leads to these dangerous risky apps being pushed inot the wild.

VPN is a great way to protect a network but will do little to protect your personal information of data if the VPN is compromised and what's worse is, a device compromised in this manner will never warn you of the issue.

I use and personally recommend Lookout Security Personal for Android and iOS for a complete always on the job protection of my mobile devices and personal data on those devices.  You can find out more at the link below:

Lookout Personal

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

If any app hasn’t been submitted for awhile for independent testing it makes me paranoid on usefulness against malware.

Lookout hasn’t put their app up since 2016?

Antivirus ok, malware bupkis.

When in doubt get a review on any app for Android or iOS.

My faith in Android remains non-existant to many variables with it.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/lookout-mobile-security,review-2099.html

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP