Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Hartford Insurance company has extremely high rates

Hartford Insurance company has extremely high rates

My parents asked my to write their check for their yearly home insurance. They make full payments a year in advance, the bill was roughly $3500. I asked to compare the services to State Farm, needless to say I was able to recieve the same services for roughly $900. I was appalled that AARP would endorse a company of which they must know is consisitantly charging AARP members extremely high rates. I could only conclude AARP must be receiving a kickback from Hartford!

The State Farm agent said this was of no suprise to them of the extreme high rates from the Hartford and indorsement from AARP. 

Needless to say I was also able t reduce not only their Homeowners by $2600 but their car insurence from $3200 to roughly $700. Mom doesnt drive and Dad possibly drives 20miles per month. 

If the Hartford really cared about their customer they would call or ask for a survey.

I dont expect this post to be posted as it exposes what I can only imagine is taking place 100, 000 of times and making big money for the Hartford company and possibly AARP.

Just received our renewal. 35% increase! No tickets no accidents. The combined  increases over  two years has been over 60%! How does AARP justify associating themselves with Hartford Insurance? AARP represents for the most part seniors on fixed budgets. Iโ€™m going to shop around for insurance but I think I will be relinquishing my AARP membership as well. It is cereal to me from my own experience as well as other posts I have read that AARP does not have seniors best interest at heart.

Contributor

I just received my renewal for the Hartford and the rate increase is unjustified and highway robbery, it went up 27.45% and this is supposed to be with AARP advocating for us not doing such a great job. Every year they go up on the rates and it is usually double digit increase percentage wise. I have not had a ticket in almost 40 years and filed no claims. I will be seeking quotes at other insurance companies and hopefully done with Harford, they should change their name to Heartless Insurance .

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP