Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

walgreens

I am a Walgreens employee, and I am trying to add my Walgreen's discount card to the AARP card.. is that possible???

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DornaE248188 Good question! Yes! You can link your AARP membership card to your myWalgreens account to gain exclusive benefits! You can link your membership awalgreens.com/aarpcard  or by calling Walgreens at 1–800–WALGREENS (1-800-925-4733) I'm always here to help!  

0 Kudos

I've tried that link, along with everything else I can find online and it's like they don't offer it anymore. Is it still valid?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JenniferD552150 Hi Jennifer, I'm sorry to say this benefit ended August 31, 2023. I invite you to check out our site for a complete list of current membership benefits and discounts: https://www.aarp.org/membership/benefits/all-offers-a-z/

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I was at Walgreens Saturday 8-12-23 picking up drugs for my mother and the coupon I got confirms:   ( "quoted text is direct from the coupon" )

"Effective 9-1-23, Walgreens will no longer be offering additional AARP  members benefits to myWalgreens members who had previously linked their myWalgreens and AARP memberships."

"As a thank you for your loyalty, you'll automatically earn 20% rewards storewide in September with your myWalgreens membership."

The regular myWalgreens accounts will continue with it's benefits/ program and will not lose any existing rewards they have in their accounts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I know the Walgreens website hasn't 'updated' their web pages of their new position of Walgreens and AARP. 

This new policy seems to be mostly a Walgreens decision 'to tighten their budget.'

The regular myWalgreens Rewards program is still intact; the points you have accumulated are stable.

Walgreens will usually have a 'Senior Discount of - 20%'  every first Tuesday of each month.

😎   Remember - don't  bother to link your AARP to Walgreens - this program has ended.

Update: thru Sept I have seen the 'special 20% promo bonus on purchases' as described above; that's an extra 20% Rewards added to myWalgreens  Rewards.  total.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP