Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Problem with Balance Transfer

On 9/17, I authorized, on line with my Chase account, a payment of my final Chase balance. I received an e mail, from Chase, confirming my 9/17 payment has been set up. However, my new Barclays account does not recognize this payment and indicates I owe the identical amount to Barclays, by October 8. I do not want to pay this twice. How can this be resolved?

Contributor

The change to Barclays has been a nightmare. Chase has my last payment and now Barclays is requesting the same payment. NO customer service from either of them.  Now I have to make duplicate payments or risk a late charge. I hope AARP steps up to the plate to help so we don't risk a  late payment penalty from Barclays and can also get a refund from Chase. 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi there, please contact Barclays at the number on the back of your AARP Credit Card or at 866-564-3674 and an agent will be glad to help get your payment confirmed.

0 Kudos
Contributor

EXTREMELY poor online and phone service...

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I have been unsuccessful in activating my new card. I tried to do it online, but ran into a problem when I tried to enter my mother's maiden name. I didn't spell it correctly, so I was directed to call. I held on the phone for 2 hours, finally having to hang up. When I was online, I went through a large number of questions, but hit a snag at the end. Their customer service is very poor, and I doubt if I'm going to use this card. Chase had much better customer service. No one should be held on the phone for 2 hours. 

Community Concierge

@intersan You will need to contact Barclays directly, using the number on the back of your credit card to confirm your information and finish activating your new card.  An influx of calls is causing extremely high call volume and wait times, so it would be best to delay calling if you can, or to call later in the afternoon when folks are less likely to call. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  My time is worth something.  Maybe AARP can pay us for the time we am wasting on hold? 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP