Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Message 1 of 115
Huh?
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 115

Hey

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 115

I go through my list of "didn't get points"" quizzes every once a while, and I try again.  Just now, I took [https://www.aarp.org/work/on-the-job/info-09-2011/workplace-rules-quiz.html?cmp=NLC-R4G-AARP-DSO-WEE...] again and did NOT get the 600 points.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 115

@CatGiorgia66  I am esclating this to see if there is a bigger issue.  I just took the quiz this a.m. and did not have an issue.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 115

Please check over on the "Workplace Rules" quiz.  A bunch of people have reported that this quiz is NOT giving out the promised 600 points (see the comment section at the end of the quiz).  This is the link:

https://www.aarp.org/work/on-the-job/info-09-2011/workplace-rules-quiz.html#quest1

Thank you for looking into this.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 115

@CherylMcD  We are sorry you did not get points for three quizzes.  We would love to help you get your earned points.  What three quizzes did you take?  If you can reply here I will look further into this issue for you.

Thanks.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 115

@CherylMcDwrote:

Epster: 

Wow!  How condescending of you to reply to my post.  (Guess I should have expected that attitude, based on your self-assessment as a "Treasured Social Butterfly.") 

Yes, the quizzes that offer points are clearly designated.  And, yes, the site clearly states that points may take up to 24 hours to be awarded.  

As I stated in my post, I took the points-offering quizzes LAST WEEK.  (Clue for you: That's more than 24 hours ago.)  

Smiley Happy

That designation, like your "Info Seeker" is prescribed by the site rather than the user.

@I was answering you, and anyone else who has a similar issue. Please note I @ replied two people. I'm sorry if that offended you. 

Go in peace.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 115

Epster: 

Wow!  How condescending of you to reply to my post.  (Guess I should have expected that attitude, based on your self-assessment as a "Treasured Social Butterfly.") 

Yes, the quizzes that offer points are clearly designated.  And, yes, the site clearly states that points may take up to 24 hours to be awarded.  

As I stated in my post, I took the points-offering quizzes LAST WEEK.  (Clue for you: That's more than 24 hours ago.)  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 115

@CherylMcDwrote:

Yes, the "points for quizzes" feature seems to be an AARP scam.  I took 3 quizzes last week and NONE of the promised points showed up in my Rewards for Good Account.  Shame on AARP! 

Hi @CherylMcD and @loftonpatty94. I've been participating in the Rewards program for a bit over 3 years. I have accrued close to a million points. I tell you this so you know that I have been around the R4G block a few times. Smiley Wink

Not every quiz is going to give you points. To discern if a quiz will give you points, check for a points badge (see below).

r4g points badge.pngIf a points badge contains numbers where the one above says What's This, it should give you points. The rule of thumb is if a points badge contains a number, you should be able to earn those points. (There have been exceptions. For instance, between January and April, the Tax Aide Locator gives 150 points a month, however its points badge is broken and constantly shows points available, even after you've earned them for the month.) 

Tax Aide Site Locator Points Badge.png

So.

If you worked a quiz that had points available, and you checked your account history to see if those points were awarded, then you should call the Rewards for Good Customer Service Department and ask that they manually add those points to your account. I have done this numerous times. The reps are always knowledgeable and courteous. (Naturally, I take care to be kind to them as well, for whatever software issues may exist between their system and yours, the reps are not responsible.) They will check, of course, to see if the points were awarded to you or not, but if they confirm an error, they do award the points.

Also, the fine print does state that it might take up to 24 hours for points to be awarded. This has actually happened to me.  But usually the points are awarded immediately.

I wish you both great fun, and oodles of points.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 115

Yes, the "points for quizzes" feature seems to be an AARP scam.  I took 3 quizzes last week and NONE of the promised points showed up in my Rewards for Good Account.  Shame on AARP! 

Kudos
Views