Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Regular Contributor

Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Is anyone else as surprised as I am by the large number of points some members have on Rewards for Goods?

I like taking some of the quizzes. I've signed up for newsletters and I try to go on the website daily but I'm still no where close to the thousands of points I see some people have.

How do they do it?  When I look over quizzes to take, there is no way to know if I've taken it before. I wish it would highlight in red or a star* or something to let me know which quizzes I have yet to take. Thanks for your input. 

Chloe
Contributor

Hey

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Huh?
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Please check over on the "Workplace Rules" quiz.  A bunch of people have reported that this quiz is NOT giving out the promised 600 points (see the comment section at the end of the quiz).  This is the link:

https://www.aarp.org/work/on-the-job/info-09-2011/workplace-rules-quiz.html#quest1

Thank you for looking into this.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CatGiorgia66  I am esclating this to see if there is a bigger issue.  I just took the quiz this a.m. and did not have an issue.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I go through my list of "didn't get points"" quizzes every once a while, and I try again.  Just now, I took [https://www.aarp.org/work/on-the-job/info-09-2011/workplace-rules-quiz.html?cmp=NLC-R4G-AARP-DSO-WEE...] again and did NOT get the 600 points.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Epster: 

Wow!  How condescending of you to reply to my post.  (Guess I should have expected that attitude, based on your self-assessment as a "Treasured Social Butterfly.") 

Yes, the quizzes that offer points are clearly designated.  And, yes, the site clearly states that points may take up to 24 hours to be awarded.  

As I stated in my post, I took the points-offering quizzes LAST WEEK.  (Clue for you: That's more than 24 hours ago.)  

Community Manager
Community Manager

@CherylMcD  We are sorry you did not get points for three quizzes.  We would love to help you get your earned points.  What three quizzes did you take?  If you can reply here I will look further into this issue for you.

Thanks.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CherylMcDwrote:

Epster: 

Wow!  How condescending of you to reply to my post.  (Guess I should have expected that attitude, based on your self-assessment as a "Treasured Social Butterfly.") 

Yes, the quizzes that offer points are clearly designated.  And, yes, the site clearly states that points may take up to 24 hours to be awarded.  

As I stated in my post, I took the points-offering quizzes LAST WEEK.  (Clue for you: That's more than 24 hours ago.)  

🙂

That designation, like your "Info Seeker" is prescribed by the site rather than the user.

@I was answering you, and anyone else who has a similar issue. Please note I @ replied two people. I'm sorry if that offended you. 

Go in peace.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes, the "points for quizzes" feature seems to be an AARP scam.  I took 3 quizzes last week and NONE of the promised points showed up in my Rewards for Good Account.  Shame on AARP! 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CherylMcDwrote:

Yes, the "points for quizzes" feature seems to be an AARP scam.  I took 3 quizzes last week and NONE of the promised points showed up in my Rewards for Good Account.  Shame on AARP! 

Hi @CherylMcD and @loftonpatty94. I've been participating in the Rewards program for a bit over 3 years. I have accrued close to a million points. I tell you this so you know that I have been around the R4G block a few times. 😉

Not every quiz is going to give you points. To discern if a quiz will give you points, check for a points badge (see below).

r4g points badge.pngIf a points badge contains numbers where the one above says What's This, it should give you points. The rule of thumb is if a points badge contains a number, you should be able to earn those points. (There have been exceptions. For instance, between January and April, the Tax Aide Locator gives 150 points a month, however its points badge is broken and constantly shows points available, even after you've earned them for the month.) 

Tax Aide Site Locator Points Badge.png

So.

If you worked a quiz that had points available, and you checked your account history to see if those points were awarded, then you should call the Rewards for Good Customer Service Department and ask that they manually add those points to your account. I have done this numerous times. The reps are always knowledgeable and courteous. (Naturally, I take care to be kind to them as well, for whatever software issues may exist between their system and yours, the reps are not responsible.) They will check, of course, to see if the points were awarded to you or not, but if they confirm an error, they do award the points.

Also, the fine print does state that it might take up to 24 hours for points to be awarded. This has actually happened to me.  But usually the points are awarded immediately.

I wish you both great fun, and oodles of points.

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
Contributor

This site is useless!  It won't connect me to any quizzes.  The circle thing just keeps going round and round.  Someone from AARP should look into this problem. 

Super Contributor

And another one:

https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-11-2012/cold-and-flu-medicines-quiz.html?cmp=NLC-...

Took the quiz, received ZERO INSTEAD OF 450 POINTS!

There are another three quizzes listed in today's e-mail.  I have the time to take them, but I'm not going to.  No until I get the 975 points that I'm owed for the two I already took.

And no, I'm NOT going to spend fifteen minutes on hold trying to call the AARP 800 number.  This site should be fun, informative, and easy-to-navigate.  It is none of those things. 

Super Contributor

I just took the "Are You an Indispensable Employee?" quiz and got ZERO Rewards points, instead of the promised 525.

Why does this problem keep happening over and over and over and over again?

It should NOT be a crap-shoot when taking a quiz to see at the end if you got the appropriate awards points.

Why can't the webmaster(s) of this site FINALLY, PERMANENTLY, PROPERLY ADDRESS THIS ISSUE?!?!?!?!?

I took this "one-time" quiz for the first time.

Super Contributor

(duplicate)

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

The issue isn't that there was no quiz for 12/1, it's that people taking it aren't getting the 75 points.  I tried again today (as apparently did some others) and there's nothing happening. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CatGiorgia66 wrote:

The issue isn't that there was no quiz for 12/1, it's that people taking it aren't getting the 75 points.  I tried again today (as apparently did some others) and there's nothing happening. 

Just want to let people on this thread know that someone reported on the other thread about this issue that they were able to receive points from this quiz Saturday. No details yet about browser or any tricks.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, Safari. None have worked.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hllo I had the same issue and called AARP REWARDS  had a young lady who said there's nothing they can do. try you chrome hopefully this will help.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CatGiorgia66 wrote:

@CatGiorgia66  The 'missing' weekly news quiz was for Black Friday. When announced this new feature was said to be a weekly renewing point earner. Black Friday came and went and there was no new quiz. We learned last week that they had decided to forego a new quiz on Black Friday. When they renewed the quiz for 12/1 it was broken in that it has refused to award points.

You could wait for them to fix it, post a bunch more to get their attention or call customer service to get the points awarded. Whatever works for you. 🙂

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Quiz regarding this week's news for 75 points IS NOT GIVING OUT POINTS.

ALL COMMENTS BELOW THIS QUIZ STATE THE SAME THING.

LINK:

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/history/info-2017/news-quiz-taxes-medicare.html#triviaresults

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CatGiorgia66 wrote:

Quiz regarding this week's news for 75 points IS NOT GIVING OUT POINTS.

ALL COMMENTS BELOW THIS QUIZ STATE THE SAME THING.

LINK:

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/history/info-2017/news-quiz-taxes-medicare.html#triviaresults

Good morning, all. Yes, the first missing weekly news quiz, then its non-point awarding status has been discussed here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/Rewards-for-Good/Wha-No-Weekly-News-Quiz-Last-Week/m-p/1937763#M362

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Has anyone gotten pill identifier to work?  Everytime I go into recipe search it kicks me to login again and I never get those points either.

I am so glad they finally laid out which things open on daily, monthly etc. for us. Now if they would go back to the way the auctions were things would be great.  It has been since May and I would think by now enough people would have called in to let them know this new way is not working.

Honored Social Butterfly

@dg1070 wrote:

Has anyone gotten pill identifier to work?  Everytime I go into recipe search it kicks me to login again and I never get those points either.

I am so glad they finally laid out which things open on daily, monthly etc. for us. Now if they would go back to the way the auctions were things would be great.  It has been since May and I would think by now enough people would have called in to let them know this new way is not working.

Hi @dg1070 Yes. Another poster (sorry, I'm forgetting which one of you lovely people gave this tip, but thanks again!) gave us this Pill Identifier trick:

This tip works on the Google Chrome Browser but not Safari.

Call up the Pill Identifier tool. Let it sit for a second (while it gathers it's wits? Dunno, but let it sit, :)) Go down to the bottom part where it allows you to choose a pill name. Select one if, like me, you don't know pill names worth beans. BUT hand type that pill name (I think the original tip sharer told us to use amoxicillin, but anyway that's what I type). Don't use the 'search' button, but instead, after you've typed in your pill name, hit return. Ta da: 75 points. 🙂

And if all else fails, call customer service to get your points added to your account. 🙂 Their number is: 1 888 842 2891

I'm not sure what's happening there with the recipe search. Earlier this week I had issues with the Rewards for Good site kicking me back to log in. Think that may have been Monday, and @AARPTeri said they were having issues between the sites. Anyway, how I finally got around the problem was to go directly to the Rewards for Good site. You might see if that fixes your recipes search issue. rewards.aarp.org is the Rewards for Good URL. BTW, I only had to do that on Monday. No issues for me the rest of this week.

Earn lots of points! Best wishes! 🙂

Epster 

Regular Contributor

It was just as hard when you were trying to bid in the last few minutes/seconds of an auction.  What I don't understand is how people get 750,000 points.  The Visa card came out and with two days the did went to 747000.  Employees should not be involved.  I also called about points not registering and they did credit me for them but now the quiz I had an issue with does not work.  Not been able to get points for two weeks.  I guess I am being punished for calling customer service.  Lol

Honored Social Butterfly

@fs13428951 wrote:

It was just as hard when you were trying to bid in the last few minutes/seconds of an auction.  What I don't understand is how people get 750,000 points.  The Visa card came out and with two days the did went to 747000.  Employees should not be involved.  I also called about points not registering and they did credit me for them but now the quiz I had an issue with does not work.  Not been able to get points for two weeks.  I guess I am being punished for calling customer service.  Lol

@fs13428951  I haven't been over to the rewards redemption site in a very long time, but zipped over to see the auction you spoke of. Sure enough: three weeks left to bid and somebody with points to burn has the bid up to ridiculous levels.

This is like bidding 7,400 bucks for a $1,200 item. Wha-?This is like bidding 7,400 bucks for a $1,200 item. Wha-?

I don't get it. Really, I don't. I'd maybe bid four or five times the face value of an item I thought I needed, but this is already over 6 times the face value with 3 weeks of (apparently) crazed and mindless bidding to go.  Who ARE these people?

FWIW, I have 771,000 Rewards points. I log in 355ish days of the year, work every point giving whatever I know about, am constantly on the prowl for better knowledge and more efficient methods, but haven't spent more than 80-100,000 of the buggers.

I'm patiently waiting for the value pendulum to swing to the users' favor and for me to actually need something on offer here. 🙂

Epster

Regular Contributor

I agree, I called rewards for good and talked with the manager of and just let her know I wish they went back to the old way of doing auctions.  It's hard to get anything the way they are doing it

now. 

dg

Regular Contributor

Finally it let me respond on community.  Everytime I wanted to replay it sent me in to login mode again.  I called the customer service center and mentioned that I couldn't get into money skills, pill identifier and drug compare points.  She said that they are updating and call back tomorrow.  I hope it works.

Honored Social Butterfly

@dg1070 wrote:

Finally it let me respond on community.  Everytime I wanted to replay it sent me in to login mode again.  I called the customer service center and mentioned that I couldn't get into money skills, pill identifier and drug compare points.  She said that they are updating and call back tomorrow.  I hope it works.

@dg1070  Good to know; thanks for the report and for saving us the phone call. (Yay!)

I'm going to copy and paste your post onto the other thread where these specific issues have been discussed this morning, so others can benefit from your generosity. 🙂

Thanks again for being so wonderful! 🙂

Super Contributor

Dear Epster and Teri:

Thank you for your suggestions.  I will continue to occasionally play games and/or earn a few points doing quizzes.  When I do so, if I wind up spending more time on problems and trouble-shooting than I spend actually doing the games and/or quizzes, I will let you know.  I will not be spending any time on hold with the AARP help line, nor will I be spending any time trouble-shooting my computer when absolutely none of the other websites I visit is giving me any problems what-so-ever.

In other words, there's nothing wrong with the search engine I'm using, nor do I have a clogged cache, nor do I have any problems with an ad-blocker, nor anything else.  The problem is with the AARP web-site.  I am absolutely sure of this because my housemate is also an AARP member and he has similar problems with it.

Just to make sure you understand I'm not being ungrateful: I spend time on the phone getting "real-world" points when there's a problem with my Kroger fuel points, or I'll spend time on the phone with my bank if they've missed giving me my 1-2-3 Rewards Points; or I'll spend time on the phone with State Farm if I need to see if my coverage is up-to-date; or I'll spend time on the phone with the Social Security Administration if there's a problem with my benefit check; or I'll spend time on the phone with Medicare if I think they've messed up a payment to my doctor.  See where am I going with this?  I don't have any excess energy or time to spend on the phone chasing imaginary points for imaginary sweepstakes  (*) or auctions that are for items I'll never use.  I repeat: when it stops being fun, I stop being interested.  

I will continue to spend a few moments now and then holding somebody's (who knows who) feet to the fire until the Trizzle Game's Trophy Room is fixed.  Maybe it's time for the AARP to explain to Arkadium that they'll block any and all dollar-transfers for "extra plays" untiil and if Arkadium fixes the games that aren't working?  How about that for an idea?

PS:  Lest someone try and make an issue about the length of this post: I type very quickly, and, unlike being on hold, I like writing.

(*)  Footnote:  Does anybody out there know of anybody who's every actually won one of those sweepstakes?  It seems to take forever to process the winners, and then there's only the vague assurance that "so-and-so" in city-state has won.  I for one am growing increasingly skeptical of the actuality of these sweepstakes.  They're probably as rigged as the high-scores in some of the games.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

About two years ago, I won a $10 IHOP card in a sweepstakes.  It was just for logging in as I didn't spend points for that.  Nothing since and nothing on those I spent points on to enter. 

It's not cost effective no doubt to spend time on these pursuits and if you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

I was probably the one who replied and changed the title without knowing what I was doing.  Sorry about that.  I'd say if it makes you angry do something else.  To me it's free and I get what I paid for.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP