Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Message 31 of 115

There's a new Rewards for Good thread in which we are listing things that do not work as we wish, or that are broken or a royal pain in the rear. The idea is to gather information for a future Rewards for Good Troubleshooting/FAQ post.

If you have something to add, please do:

http://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/Rewards-for-Good-Trouble-Shooting/m-p/1903211#M3506

@grandmachloe @BeachGirl23 @HokiePoq @CatGiorgia66 @AARPTeri

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 115

@BeachGirl23  Both lists are on this thread. Here's the First of The Month. I found it by clicking on grand machloe's link in the previous post, and going to her first R4G post. You'll fnd the Sunday list here too. 

@Epster wrote:

I promised elsewhere to post screengrabs of the points I earned at the first of the month; however comments on that thread have been closed, so I'm posting here.

Today, a number of (I'm just being polite: most of is more accurate) the monthly renewing calculators show points available but are unwilling to award those points. Tomorrow I shall try again with a cleared cache and a rebooted computer ... and possibly a different browser. I'll list the calculators that did not work for me today in a bit, but first, here are the promised screengrabs of today's earnings. (4776 points)

First of the month Rewards points 1.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 1First of the month rewards points 2.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards 3.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards points 4.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 4

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 115

@BeachGirl23 wrote:

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea that one could earn 171 points daily and have no idea what the 'Sunday' 2000 points are. I'm sorry to impose but is there someplace where this is documented? Thank you.

@BeachGirl23, Absolutely!  I don't recall the exact thread (there is talk of creating a R4G forum, so we should have an easier time finding other users' tips), but I know I posted a series of screen shots of both the Sunday 2,000 (it's actually 2,235 or something) and the First of the Month 5,000 (which, due to extra point opportunities and Double Points opportunities, this time was around 7,000 points). I tag all my tip posts with "r4g earn points", so you can find that by searching for that term. It'll be a slog, I am sorry to say, for I've posted quite a bit using that tag, but you will find it. I'm going to guess that those posts are from early June.

Another, possibly quicker, way to find it might be to search for either @grandmachloe or @CatGiorgia66's posts. They post quite a bit less frequently than do I, and I am certain my posts with those tasks lists were in response to a question posted by one or the other of them. So if you decide to search that way, I suggest, obviously enough, looking at the threads about R4G that they posted to. You'll probably find my posts much quicker that way. 

Best wishes, and go get those points! Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 115

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea that one could earn 171 points daily and have no idea what the 'Sunday' 2000 points are. I'm sorry to impose but is there someplace where this is documented? Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 115

Thanks!  Will give that a try.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 115

@HokiePoq wrote:

@Epster  Can you tell me which one I'm missing for the daily 171?   I do these (after learning from you):   Login 75 (had that, lol), Recipe Search 30, Drugs A-Z 15, Drug Compare 15, and Symptom Checker 6.   I am missing 30 somewhere.

Today I had a pleasant surprise.  I noticed a new newsletter offer and got 1125 points for subscribing!

Hi @HokiePoq You bet!  It's the Medicare Q & A Tool En Espanol in the top section, row number one. This one is tricky, it doesn't want to give up points. Here's how I make it behave: 

1.) Search for (whatever, really) but I use the word "medigap". You'll get this:

page not found.pngSpanish language Medicare Q&A Tool trick. Get this page, hit your back button and wait for the points to be awarded.2.) Smile to yourself and hit your back button. Then wait for the points awarded popup to appear. Smile even wider because, shucks, you just forced the system to give you 30 points for your trouble. Rah! Smiley Happy

Addendum: On that newsletter. Yes! What a fun bonus! I think there's a trick to getting at least some of those newsletter points over again, but am not sure it will work every time. However, I got extra newsletter points this weekend, I think, because I had subscribed to all the ones marked Rewards for Good at the beginning of last month, but at some point during the month I unsubbed a few of them. Then this month, when I went into interests, to change them around (at the first of the month you get points for marking interests), I resubbed the newsletters I'd previously unsubbed and got 1125 points. Bonanza! I will try that again next month and report, because it could have just been that I got more points due to the recent newsletter reset/update announced by @AARPTeri. :0).

Glad you are working the system. I see successful auctions in your future!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 115

@Epster  Can you tell me which one I'm missing for the daily 171?   I do these (after learning from you):   Login 75 (had that, lol), Recipe Search 30, Drugs A-Z 15, Drug Compare 15, and Symptom Checker 6.   I am missing 30 somewhere.

Today I had a pleasant surprise.  I noticed a new newsletter offer and got 1125 points for subscribing!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 115

@Epster wrote:

@HokiePoq  After today's 2000+ point earning I have 681,000 points. And nothing to spend them on. LOL.

I'm reposting this to show that it is possible to accrue a bunch of Rewards for Good points legally.

So, I had 681,000 points on 7/23/17. This morning, after earning my 171 daily points, I have 720,405 points. That's 39,405 points added to my stash in six weeks. Those 171 daily points take me about 3 minutes and add 5,130 points every 30 days. Compared to the roughly 2,000 Sunday points; the 5,000 first of the month points and the bonus points from emails and new tasks/double point opportunities, 171, doesn't seem like much, but 5G a month is over 60G a year.

Is that worth it? That's totally up to you. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 115

@BeachGirl23 wrote:

At the suggestion of posters to this community, I have taken about every quiz, English as well as Spanish, to rack up some points but not near enough to even begin to bid on an auction as the bid amounts are so far beyond my reach. Even the power plays get pricey in terms of bidding with many going beyond my accumulated points. I am in awe of those of you who have put in years of diligence to rack up points to maybe win one auction. After all that work you'll have to be very selective on which auction you bid on and then hope you win. There must be an awful lot of you who are dedicated to earning and saving points as the auction bids are out of sight with some approaching 1 million points. Best wishes to all.

Hi @BeachGirl23 , Yay you! Keep racking up the points; you'll get there. I haven't spent any in well over a year, so my stash is getting pretty big. I understand that there are a number of users with loads of points.

I've said this before, but will say it again: unless/until the auctions start going for something resembling a rational price point, I won't be bidding. I'm up for paying 4-5 times the retail value of an item in a points-only auction, and perhaps we'll see that day, but until then just call me Scrooge. Smiley Happy 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 115

I just noticed that the sweepsteaks are only being awarded at 20 winners each (except for the obvious 'big' ones that only have one winner). When I first posted sometime in late July or early August, I mentioned that there were 25 winners per sweepsteak where it used to be 50 winners per sweepsteak earlier this year. Perhaps this is why very few people are actually winning a sweeps. I religiously log in every day and enter the max entries for the sweeps I'm interested in and have only won one sweeps in the past year. Prior to that, when there were 50 winners, I was fortunate enough to win a sweeps about every other month. Guess my luck ran out but I am grateful for those wins. I hope I don't sound whiney but it seems there is less and less for we seniors at a site that should be just for us.  

At the suggestion of posters to this community, I have taken about every quiz, English as well as Spanish, to rack up some points but not near enough to even begin to bid on an auction as the bid amounts are so far beyond my reach. Even the power plays get pricey in terms of bidding with many going beyond my accumulated points. I am in awe of those of you who have put in years of diligence to rack up points to maybe win one auction. After all that work you'll have to be very selective on which auction you bid on and then hope you win. There must be an awful lot of you who are dedicated to earning and saving points as the auction bids are out of sight with some approaching 1 million points. Best wishes to all.

Kudos
Views