Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Quizzes to Earn Points AARP Rewards For Goods

Message 91 of 115

Thank you for the reply and good wishes. I do appreciate your insight into R4G.  I've been doing R4G for over 10 years and have seen quite a few changes in auction bid amounts and sweeps prizes over that period. I have tried my hardest to get more than my 90K points - pitiful I know - but get very frustrated when I click on a quiz only to find I already did it after I have waited for it to load. The person I mentioned in my post from customer service suggested I keep a spreadsheet with my R4G info in it including what I've already earned points on. Does anybody do this? I have a small business (HA! Very small as it's only me) and I manage it with my trusty spreadsheet so doing one for R4G is doable but sounds alot like work to me. I simply don't have the time.  I'm afraid R4G takes more committment than I am willing to put into it. That is fine as it is my choice. Perhaps someday life will slow down for me and I'll be able to devote the time and effort you and others are putting into it.

I've already learned alot from the forum and will keep checking back for more insight. I plan on using some of the tips to see if I progress in the points area. In the meantime, good luck with your points. Sounds like your 3 years will pay off as you'll have enough points to win an auction!

Thanks again for responding.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 115

@dg1070 and @BeachGirl23 It is tedious and it does take commitment to earn R4G points, but I have been at it close to 3 years, have spent maybe 80,000 points and currently have 647,000 points. It can be done. I've posted tips in this thread (and others) on how to earn more rewards points. I wish you both lots of points and many sweepstakes, contest and auction wins.

Use the forum seach tool to find the other tips. I generally tag these posts with 'r4g points', 'r4g earn points', 'earning rewards for good points' and 'r4g tips'.

Best wishes!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 115

I know, It has been about a month now that I've seen the amount of points it takes to win things even a 5 dollar card---thousands of points.  I guess unless you can win things you have to keep earning them until you have a lot to play the auction.  I sure wish they would go back to the old way, I don't know how people still have so many points.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 115

I too am astounded at how many points some people have. I have noticed since sometime in May, 2017 the number of points to win an auction have gone up dramatically. It used to be rare that the points only auctions (guess that's all there is now) went over 100,000 points. Now they seem to start at 100K for beginning bids. I even called R4G to see if there was an error on the web site. Of course the 20 something person nicely told me that there was no error in the bids and proceeded to 'inform' me how I can earn more points. When I asked her how I would know whether or not I had taken a quiz or how I would know whether a point earning task was a one shot deal or recurring after a given length of time, she had no answer. She did tell me I could go to my account and see what I had completed. When I looked at that with her on the phone, I noted that there was no option to sort my activity by point earning tasks. I log in daily to enter their silly contests so I had thousands of entries for logging in and spending points on contests. Someplace in the midst of these thousands of entries are the tasks I performed to earn points. When I suggested that the display options should include point earning tasks she informed me that they are working on that. Having worked in IT all of my life, I do know that what I suggested is a very simple fix. I doubt they are working on anything to make life easier for the users.

I have basically given up on R4G except for the contests. Even those have changed as they used to have 50 winners per little contest and now it is 25. I used to try to win an occasional auction before the opening bid went well beyond my 90K points but never, ever won. I thought those were rigged as no activity would happen on bidding until I placed a bid then suddenly lots of other bids took place. This consistantly happened. I am beginning to think maybe the contests are rigged as well. I used to win like one every other month. Not any more. I expect I'll be giving up on the contests soon too.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 115

Wooo hooo!  Thanks for the heads up, @AARPTeri!

Hey all, I just claimed an extra 1305 points by working the repaired calculators. Note that some of them (second list, below) have never worked for me, I think because I do not have Flash installed. But they may give up points to you, so try 'em!

There is a trick to getting these points. It goes like this: First off, I turned off my adblocker. Then ... open one of the listed calculators; click on the report button; then click on the print button. DON'T WASTE YOUR INK OR PAPER! Instead, click on the cancel button on the print job pop-up. Then you'll get the Points Awarded pop-up. Pretty easy, and hey, did I mention I got 1305 points from the first calculator list below? Smiley Happy Go get em!

Credit Card Payoff Calculator 75 points
Mortgage Payoff Calculator 150 points
Home Budget Calculator 30 points
Health Savings Account vs Traditional Health Plan 300 points
Home Rent vs Buy Calculator 75 points
Traditional IRA Calculator 300 points
Debt Consolidation Calculator 75 points
Net Worth Calculator 75 points
Investment Return Calculator 75 points
Fixed Annuity Calculator 150 points

These did not give me points today. The last two, I think, are renewed monthly, so we’ll just have to wait for July, I guess.
xPay Off Credit Cards in Spanish has never worked for me I think because I don’t have Flash
xMortgage Payoff in Spanish has never worked for me (see above)
xBenefits of Spending Less in Spanish
XBenefits of Spending Less in English
xLong-term Care Calculator

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 115

@Epster

Thank you for your updates on this thread.  The calculators have been updated and are working this morning.  If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 115

@dg1070 wrote:
Thank you, I hope they fix this.

Super welcome! Smiley Happy

I asked the rep about an ETA; she has nuttin. It'll get fixed if/when it gets fixed. Meanwhile, though, I'm going to keep trying to earn the points and when I do not, I shall call again and get the points added to my account. Ev-er-y time. Smiley Happy 

I urge everyone else to do the same. Smiley Happy Because fair is fair and right is right.

BTB, I checked this AM: she added 1555 points over the non-working calculators. Wheeeeeee! 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 115
Thank you, I hope they fix this.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 115

@Epster wrote:

@dg1070, @HammH@gh76837634@grandmachloe@HokiePoq@es14589767@BarkleyHound 

Long-term Care Calculator 75 points
Credit Card Payoff Calculator 75 points
Mortgage Payoff Calculator 150 points
Pay Off Credit Cards in Spanish 
Home Budget Calculator 30 points
Health Savings Account vs Traditional Health Plan 300 points
Mortgage Payoff in Spanish 
Home Rent vs Buy Calculator 75 points
Benefits of Spending less in Spanish 
Traditional IRA Calculator 300 points
Debt Consolidation Calculator 75 points
Net Worth Calculator 75 points
Investment Return Calculator 75 points
Fixed Annuity Calculator 150 points

Hey yowse guys!  I just called the Rewards for Good customer service line and got the missing points added to my account (she gave me 1,500 points). Here's that phone number: For questions or concerns regarding Rewards for Good, please call 1-888-842-2891. She will verify that you were not give the points and add them if in fact that was the case. Regards!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 115

@dg1070 wrote:

Yes, I've also noticed today the biginning of the month many opened up especially under the save more sections.  It shows there should be points to earn but it doesn't give you the points.  Sometimes when I call in the Rewards for good number they send me to customer service saying they don't put in the quizes and they send me back to Rewards for good.  I've asked them which ones open up daily, weekly, monthly and yearly but no one knows or has a list.  That would save a lot of time.

@dg1070 Here's that list you were hoping for. It's the list of what tasks I was able to do today to earn those 4776 points. I've posted the Sunday and the weekday list on that other thread. There are other ways to earn points --I mean ways I cannot do and am unable to talk about from experience-- things like Fitbit steps, I think some games, possibly some webinars and videos and some tasks that may require that you have the program Flash installed (which I don't use for security reasons).

May you earn ooodles of points and win lots of auctions!

I promised elsewhere to post screengrabs of the points I earned at the first of the month; however comments on that thread have been closed, so I'm posting here.

Today, a number of (I'm just being polite: most of is more accurate) the monthly renewing calculators show points available but are unwilling to award those points. Tomorrow I shall try again with a cleared cache and a rebooted computer ... and possibly a different browser. I'll list the calculators that did not work for me today in a bit, but first, here are the promised screengrabs of today's earnings. (4776 points)

First of the month Rewards points 1.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 1first of the month rewards earnings image 1First of the month rewards points 2.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards earnings image 2first of the month rewards 3.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards earnings image 3first of the month rewards points 4.pngfirst of the month rewards earnings image 4first of the month rewards earnings image 4

Kudos
Views