Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri

I would start me spring gardening tasks.

0 Kudos

I would treat myself to some nice garden pillows and baby knitting patterns and baby yarn. I will be a first time grandmother this summer and I will be knitting this spring in my garden!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would have lunch with my daughter maybe at the park.  I would have a massage also as someone suggested. Just catch up on some reading.

0 Kudos

I’d use it to buy a kitten!  I’m a total cat lady!  Just one cat tho!... so technically as a cat lady, I need more!  

0 Kudos

I would buy me some much needed clothes and pamper myself for one day I take care of everyone else haven't had new clothes in many years my money went on my kids yo give them new clothes

0 Kudos
Contributor

Treat my friends to a big meal outdoors. I love to cook so I would buy good food and wine for 8-10 friends!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would grab a couple a vaccinated friends I haven't socialized with in person with for a year and drive out to VA wine country for a day of lunch and wine-tasting!

0 Kudos

I would drive to the beach. With my umbrella,towel,chair,book,drink. Relax, listen to the waves.

0 Kudos

I would take a long weekend in the mountains 

0 Kudos

I would go camping. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would get my 2 Aeroponic gardens setup for spring growing of lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc..  Then go get a massage.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Howdy from Texas!  I would absolutely LOVE to pass along the $ to my awesome husband and daughter for a day of fishing!  They have both been so dedicated to job and college, along with doing much more!  They both deserve a day of relaxation and fun!  Thank you so much for the chance to share!  Stay strong and well! Pam Compton

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd buy some new plants for our front yard from the local nursery to help support a local business.  And, then stop by a local restaurant and get lunch before an afternoon of yard work -- another local business to support.

Contributor

I would go for a paddle in my kayak on the Buffalo River and then stop for a pint and a nice lunch at Gene McCarthy’s. Afterwards, I would take a hike at Tifft Nature Preserve, and then stop for an ice cream cone at Churn.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go to the spa and have a deep tissue massage and get my nails done. Or I could go relax at a hotel and sit by the pool and read and sit in the hot in to relax after working out!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd use it for gas to visit family in another state.

0 Kudos

I would re-gift the Money  to a dear friend of the family who took the time and patience to console me and my siblings after the sudden loss of my mother.  

0 Kudos

Spend the day with my Mom doing whatever she wants 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I won $200, I would take my two close friends out to lunch, then to the movies, then to get a manicure and pedicure. Then we would go for drinks and relaxation for the rest of the evening! No kids! No men!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker ++

If I would be so blessed to win, I would do whatever my mind leads me to do as one blessed to be free of the hustle and bustle of life in general.  My greatest joy will be to go to the park and watch the happy children at play. I will also reflect on the beauty of my life thus far and how I hope to progress in the future as a nurturer to all in whatever capacity I can.  I love sharing my joy!!! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I was selected as a winner, I would take a much-needed day at a spa for a massage, facial, great healthy food, and total R&R! My Mom, also an AARP member, recently transitioned and this would be a much-welcomed reward to heal from it all.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My dream day off would be to get our little vintage camper out of storage, and take a road trip to one of our state parks. It would be great to find a quiet spot, go hiking to seek out wildflowers and bird watch, and then relax at our campsite for a nice, simple meal around the campfire. The day off would extend overnight because some of the best sleeping is done in the camper!  After a long, isolated winter, the idea of being in nature with my husband and dog sounds like a wonderful dream. Have the $200 would easily cover the cost of gasoline, food, park entry and a campsite. There might even be enough left over to allow for a special bottle of wine from a local winery.

0 Kudos

I would spend the money and the day to visit my daughter who I have not seen since Christmas 2019. The covid separations have been frustrating and painful.  Life is short and I would meet her somewhere safe where we could be in a clean, sanitized location such as a beach . I live near DC and she's in NJ for her job.  I miss her so much. The money would pay for travel costs.  It's been very painful to be separated from our adult children and grandchildren. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would maybe get a massage and have some lunch.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

I will put in the bank and save for a rainy day.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Just to have one day all to myself and enjoy the day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will treat myself with a nice dinner, looking at the moon and stars at midnight.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would buy a plane ticket to visit my daughter in DC (from Portland, Or) and to see the cherry blossoms.

0 Kudos

i would take a day trip to Philadelphia. walk around Penn's Landing. get something to eat and visit the old city.   

0 Kudos

I would like to have this money to buy groceries for my family of 5! We are still recovering from the Texas winter disaster so this money will help us replenish our freezer and refrigerator. Also any left over, we will pay bills. Thanks so much

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP