Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

I woulld take my wife out to dinner at the rooftop wyvern hotel

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd drive over to my son's college & take him out for a nice meal once the pandemic ends. 

0 Kudos

I would have a caregiver come in for my mom and then do whatever I want and whenever I want. Like a walk in a park, window shopping, gardening, and so many more choices.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my wife to the beach and our favorite beach is St.Pete Beach. We would eat at our favorite restaurant BRASS MONKEY and just enjoy the day after such a hard month where we lost her mother. I want to just take here away for a day trip!!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well...Hello, Everybody!!! If I had a full day off, free of responsibilities and had $200 to spend. I would pay for a rental car for a day, drive out towards Mt Rainier to visit my Beautiful, Loving, Elderly and sick Mother. I haven't seen my Mom in almost a year because we live more than 70 miles apart and neither one of us have a vehicle. So, this was a complete no brainer for me!!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!! If I won...then what ever my Moms heart desired that day would be hers!!!! 💗💗💗 ~ Love Your Daughter, Darci M.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd take a short road trip...maybe to a waterfall. I'd also stop at this restaurant I've been wanting to try for a few years now. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

What would you do with a day off and $200?  I would spend the day by starting off with a "sleep in" time. First, once ready for the day, head to the nearest Starbucks for a good cup of "joe" and relax & sip my goodness in a cup.  Next, would be a lil window shopping and possibly purchase a "me-day" gift then off to lunch.  Thirdly, comes my afternoon massage to really relax.  Once my massage is done, its time for more relaxation rest. Lastly, my day would be finish off with a good ole dinner from Carrabbas or Bonefish Grill.  This would be an enjoyable day and greatly appreciated AARP.  Thanks for the chance and opportunity!  🙂  LsBrown 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

We haven't been able to go to my happy place since COVID. I would pack us up for a trip to Maine. My partner has lost two brothers and we can't grieve properly until we get back to the family in Maine. They give the best hugs ever! The hugs are long and tight. I'm crying just writing this. It's not just going to be nice,  it will be a necessary factor to our mental health to return to the beauty of the Western Mountains of Maine.

0 Kudos
Contributor

After being cooped up in the house for Covid, I would either take a road trip to Zion National Park or go to Vegas for the weekend.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A deeply needed couples massage while we have a great conversation!

I would use the money to invest in crypto currency and the time to study more about how their use cases and can used effectively to benefit humanity as a collective

0 Kudos

I would use the money to invest in crypto currency and the time to study more about how their use cases and can used effectively to benefit humanity as a collective

0 Kudos
Contributor

A day down the beaches!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would probably end up taking the day to get my cats vaccinated (I have 6, so it takes a few trips and a chunk of change). 🙂

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would get a body message at the spa. Then buy a nice seafood dinner to go at my favorite restaurant. 

Contributor

I would go to the movies and out to eat at a resturant I never been too. After go to the mall and buy me a pair of jeans and shoes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’d find 20 people and brighten their Fay with  Starbucks gift card!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Play old vinyl records and have a nice, cold IPA!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Finish painting my girls' room!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Get vaccinated soon, I hope!

Periodic Contributor

Take a walk with someone new!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Read a book by my fire pit!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Since the pandemic, the idea of going to a spa has been unimaginable! I would spend a total me-time day by taking a yoga class, and then getting a spa treatment or two! Afterwards, I would buy my husband a cocktail at a local outdoor pub and watch the sun set on a perfect day!

Periodic Contributor

I would go to Alki Beach, take a walk, and eat fish & chips at an outdoor cafe!

Contributor

I would use the $200 to purchase additional weights, kettlebells, battle ropes, and other equipment take it all to the park, and offer a free day of exercise for those in my community who are 50 or older. I am a spin instructor and with COVID I see that many people my age have stopped exercising. This outdoor activity would allow people to not only try something new, meet others and also get back on track with their exercise programs,

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Get a makeover!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would treat my husband to a day of relaxation of his choice after his medical treatments.

Contributor

I would plan a spa day at a local hotel that has a great pool, so I could hang out at the pool after being pampered.

Contributor

What would I do with $200.00 a day?

First, I would take my youngest granddaughter probably to Disneyland, she was force to stop going to her daycare school when her mom came down with Covid 19, in January. Now. she has been introduced to the "new" on line school and she's not the same eager, sharp and outgoing little 5 yr. old girl. And because her Mom works 6 days a week, my little granddaughter has been also deprived with having more time with "mami"; she deserves to have some fun time where she will enjoy herself and hopefully feel free to be outgoing and playful.

Second; I will give the money to my daughter, so she can take couple of days off from work and enjoy her little 5 yr old girl.

0 Kudos

I would use it to take my teens on a trip for a day. So few days left before theybleave home. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP