Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

We would give the money to kids in our area for spring cleaning of our yard.

0 Kudos

I would love to watch the sunrise from a boat headed out to the Gulf for a day of fishing. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Take a picnic with friends 

I would donate some and take time to enjoy the rest in a shopping atmosphere with God, would also go away for a couple of days!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use the reward to send the boys away for the day. I live with four guys and they're rarely all gone at the same time...

0 Kudos

I would use the money to take a day trip with my dad, mom, and sister. The day trip would be to a national park my dad has always wanted to visit. Throughout the years he has put up with vacations that aren't typically his favorite for us. Such as the beach or waterparks, he isn't one to like crowds and instead prefers the beauty of nature. He has always been a fan of national parks, so I would take him to one upstate he said he used to spend a lot of time at when he was younger. Afterward, I would treat him and the rest of the family to whatever they would want for diner.

I would take my aging cat to the vet--I haven't had the money to look more deeply into her health issues. I've put off getting her teeth cleaned as well. Then I'd make it up to her with some of her favorite treats!

0 Kudos

Well, I would first wakeup to see the sunrise over the Dismal Swamp. Then I take a walk and drive over to Smithfield to have breakfast at Smithfield Station. After breakfast, I would go to Lowe’s, McDonald’s Nursery and the Plant Bar to get some plants. For lunch, I would stop at some mom and pop joint for something homemade and fattening. Then I would go to HomeGoods, Burlington’s, and Biglots for decorative planters for my new plants.    On my way home, I would stop at a local bakery for something sweet. When I got home I would repot my plants and then watch a movie eating my leftovers from lunch and my sweet treat. 

0 Kudos

I would drive to the beach with family to relax and have a fun day and take in the sights. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm a hospice social worker and I could really use a spa day!  I have dealt with too many deaths lately; not only for work but personally with the loss of my sister and several cousins and numerous church members.  

0 Kudos

Breakfast at a nice restaurant then a day at the zoo

0 Kudos
Contributor

Donate it to the Houston Food Bank.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been battling breast cancer since July 2020.  I have managed to pay medical expenses but have put a dent in my savings.  My church is currently in dire need of financial assistance due to the pandemic.  I have been able to continue my normal giving but desire to do more.  The $200 would go to Evangelical UMC in Elkton, Virginia and my day off would be spent preparing my first ever vegetable garden.  Cancer changes how you view life and what you value.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would grab my cousin and take a road trip to the lakeshore here in Michigan.  We would get takeout from a restaurant, give a giant tip (whatever is left over of the 200), and eat while enjoying the beautiful lakeshore scenery and searching for petoskey or other stones.

0 Kudos

I am retired but I surely could use $200 to set up my vegetable garden. I have decided to start eating healthier by growing some of my own food. I currently have seedlings of tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, bell and jalapeno peppers, lettuce, kale, and cabbage.  I will be growing my vegetables in containers so $200 dollars will help me to buy the containers and soil I will need to fill them. I live in a 55+ community so I will also be sharing the fruits of my labor with my neighbors. Thank you for this opportunity, it will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all.

Contributor

I would pay the mowing assessment that the city put on my mom's property to harrass me when I returned from 4 years in Iraq as a disabled war veteran. The grass was not 12" in back but the city lied and sent the county over to mow it. The county didn't notify me until after they mowed the backyard. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I would buy organic seeds an start making my vegetable and herb garden. Would also buy flowers so my hummingbirds can come visit me. I would purchase bird houses so my singing friends would have a place to live. 

0 Kudos

I would surprise a handful of my friends that I have with a small token of appreciation for there friendship and to let them know I love them❤️.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Very good idea. Good thinking.

I would lie down and relax for a while and then go to dinner and do some shopping for shoes. I haven't bought any shoes in a while.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

$200 is reasonable good amount to get freely. First thing I would be doing is giving away $25 to homeless people around my walking area. Whatever I get I usually give to charity a certain percentage. Second I would buy a good gift for my grand daughter who is 6 years old. Third thing I would do is to take my family to a restaurant for a lunch/ dinner. Whatever left will be kept by me for my own spending. Thank you for giving me $200. Can't you extent it to $500.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would take my good friend for a walk and lunch outside near a waterfront restaurant on a warm spring day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A day off + $200!!! I would love to treat my daughter & myself to mani pedis - a girls day out treat on me! 

0 Kudos

I have not been in a store in over a year.  I would first get a hair cut, and they go shopping for succulents and containers for them.  It would be a rare treat.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would  love to drive to a pecan orchard to pick up paper shell pecans. I would get to be reminded of my childhood.

0 Kudos

I would go with my daughters to a plant nursery and buy them some plants to replace the ones they lost in the Texas freeze last month.

0 Kudos
Contributor

go to costco and buy spring and summer flowers, and go home and plant my garden

0 Kudos
Contributor

A day off? What is that? How do I enjoy a day off with so much to do? $200 would pay for someone to do my things while I spend a day on the couch with a day of tv binge watching.

0 Kudos
Contributor

take my daughters shopping and go to lunch

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Great idea

0 Kudos

Despite the pandemic, most restaurants are still doing pickup of take-out food. We have a wonderful restaurant nearby, our family of 4 could enjoy a super meal brought home!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP