Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri

With $200 and a day off I would take my three sisters out for lunch and something fun... maybe pedicures. 😀

0 Kudos

I would go to Disney World.

0 Kudos

On my day off I would take my older friend with significant arthritis on a slow shopping trip going to used/antique stores and help her reminisce about various unique treasures.  We would enjoy a late lunch and take her for a car ride to her 'old haunts' and listen to her stories about 'back in the day'.

Contributor

I would take my dog Dolly and we would head to the coast for a few days to get refreshed

0 Kudos
Contributor

Home repairs! 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would have my daughter take me to dinner, then go to Vegas with the remainder, and it would be a great birthday surprise win for me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would watch a movie, get a massage, and go to a nature center.  I'd give the $200 to my grandsons in a trust.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would buy several things I have been putting off getting

0 Kudos
Contributor

Seeing that my birthday is a couple days away, if I won it would be a nice birthday surprise, my daughter would take me to a lovely dinner, and I would like to go to Vegas with the remainder. 

0 Kudos

I would get our RV out and go on a 3 day camping adventure already!

0 Kudos

I would go fishing for the day

I would take my wife out to lunch and then tour some of the winerys in the Fredericksburg/Louisa area ending the night with a wonderful healthy dinner.

0 Kudos

I go visit my son a college and take him out to lunch

0 Kudos
Contributor

We have a granddaughter getting married this summer. My husband is in need of a suit. That would be great to win the $200 for him. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Play pickleball

0 Kudos

I would treat my friend to a nice lunch. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take myself to a restaurant and get a room to get away for a minute to relax! I need a break.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would go to Whole Foods ( my happy place) and get something really good to feed my body. I would buy some flowers and candles to feed my spirit. And spend some time outside to feed my soul. There would also be good wine and a delicious romantic movie to finish off the day!

0 Kudos

I would start writing a book on how hard 2020 made my life. 

0 Kudos

And thank God for letting me see 2021.

0 Kudos

I would go shopping and buy myself to best skin care products on the market.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would probably donate the winnings to a local charity, like Second Harvest Food Bank. They have been SO GOOD to our family, since the pandemic began and I got laid off from my job last July. I have been looking for work, but we have had several members of our family get sick - and I have used my time off to spend time with each one of them, doing what I can to help them in their time of need.

0 Kudos

I would donate to my kids school.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would enjoy the day at Gulf Shores beach and a little shopping.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would plant some new Gardenia plants ( mine died in the Houston Freeze) and lay out in the sun and enjoy my new plants.  Have a quiet day !!!  😎

0 Kudos

I would take $100 to buy some clearance winter boots for next year, and donate the other $100 to a local food bank. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Of I had a day off with $200 I would spend the money on perennials and soil to plant a shade to part sun flower 🌹 🌺 garden with a fairy theme. The children in the neighborhood are always inquiring about "what I'm planting today" and they are pleased when I allow them to help. 

0 Kudos

I would have a relaxing spa day!!

0 Kudos

I would take my sisters for lunch, massages, then relax with a good book. Maybe take an evening bike ride in the neighborhood. 

0 Kudos

I would take my family camping and enjoy the great outdoors!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP