Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri

I would make a weekend trip to KY Lake in a cabin with my spouse. Go antique shopping.

0 Kudos

I would take a day for self-care and book a spa appointment so I can destress, take a walk by the beach and make a nice dinner for my family. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my lovely wife out for a grand 25th anniversary celebration!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

What would i do with 200 dollars?

I would pick up my 2 closest friends and we would go to lunch and a movie. Something we havent done in a year

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would spend on my new Apartment 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would definitely treat myself to a spa day! Massage, manicure, and pedicure. I have not loved myself for over a year now!

Contributor

Don't forget the facial!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my grandkids to the zoo and out to lunch.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We have aging parents with medical issues and I haven't seen my mom in a year. Now that we are all vaccinated, I would rent an Air B&B and take her and my siblings to a beach for a few days and get her pampered.

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I win, I’ll spend the money to rejoin with a two year family membership to Norfolk botanical gardens. Any remaining money will go towards plants for my garden.

0 Kudos

I'd visit a few wineries during the day; treat myself to a nice dinner and stay overnight at a lovely bed & breakfast in the mountains.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

With a day off and $200.00, I would take myself and my 95 year old mother-n-law for a pedicure, which is a year overdue.  Afterward, we would go to restaurant for a light lunch, since we are now vaccinated.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would unplug and take a trip to the beach and small towns on coastal Florida with my spouse.

0 Kudos

Go out to the beach with my wife.

0 Kudos

I Would Use it to take a Road Trip with Just Me and My Dog, Like a Mini Vacation I've Never Had...

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would make it a spa day and include a facial.

Contributor

I would start the day be going out to breakfast and then enjoy an hour of acupuncture. After that I would love to get a massage and enjoy a nice dinner with a glass of champagne. 

0 Kudos

I would go to the nail spa and my favorite restaurant

0 Kudos

I would meet a friend for lunch and then go to my local nursery and buy plants for my house. I would donate the remainder to a local non profit!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I’d go to my favorite garden center and buy some native plants and put them in my garden.

I would buy plants and flowers to plant in my yard then after enjoying making my yard look beautiful I would sit back on my patio and enjoy an iced coffee.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I Would buy something that me and my grandkids could do together 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go buy another gallon of deck stain to finish staining my porch & the new gate I built for the new puppy (now 6 months old) we have. Then I would buy some blocks to put next to the skirting on the house. Then I would (by now I know I’m out of the $200, but that did get me started), put the rest of the edging down to divert the rain water & build a small patio roof off the end of the porch for the grill with another set of steps to go to the right. My Oasis would be starting to come together in our new home in our new neighborhood, Crestview Retirement Village (50 & older with no children), it’s quiet, everyone is very nice & no one bothers anybody else’s property... 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker +

I would take my grandson to the movies, roller skating,  and somewhere to buy a new puzzle. It has been so hard for him because he  lost half of his kindergarten year and all first of grade. He has repeatedly said his life is so boring so I would like to try and fill one day with all the fun things he misses doing. That will make my heart filled!!

0 Kudos

I would love to go fishing on my pontoon boat and put the 200.00 in my savings.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Start with going to the beauty shop and get my hair done. Next I would get spa with hot stones, pedicure and nails done.Go have lunch at Coopers Hawk then return home relax with a good book and and a glass of wine 🍷 

0 Kudos

My husband and I would take a ride to the mountains and go see the waterfalls. While we are there, we would go to lunch and eat outdoors just to enjoy the nature. We would then go to farmer's market and get some fresh vegetables on our way home. This would surely make a relaxing getaway from it all day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would donate $100.00 to a local animal shelter and the other $100 I would take buy some snack gas for my car and head to the beach. I would sleep in my car and get up the next day to watch the sunrise

Cyndee314@gmail.com 

Cynthia 💙

0 Kudos

I would first off go get me a whole body massage  and next get something to drink on and head fishing 

0 Kudos

I would start the day with a sit down breakfast of biscuits/gravy and scrambled eggs @dennys. Then enjoy a nice massage, followed by an afternoon trip to the local zoo. Finish the day with a nice steak dinner and a little country dancing and a small glass of Amaretto!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP