Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri

My husband and I would take a much needed vacation and spend some quality self care time together.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I would take one of my cousins to dinner alone with the other cousins who can afford the dinner, this cousin cannot afford a dinner out so I would do her the joy and take her out for dinner for a beautiful day with family members. She is a beautiful person and a good hearted person with  kind ways and a beautiful disposition. Yes this is what I would do for her. We would have to wear our masks and stay safe while being out. Make reservations first at a restaurant for safety purposes. She would love that. We haven't been out for dinner sense the panic and this would be a great day for her and the rest of the family as well. There will be about 7 of us that will go. This would be awesome for all of us sense we haven't been able to be together in a while now. Great time of year to do this. God bless us all.

0 Kudos

I would give it to the clerk at a convenience store to anonymously pay for people's purchases until it ran out...I'd be just another random person in the store while it happened. I have always wanted to do something like this.  🙂

0 Kudos

I'd kidnap my sister and take her on a day trip. We don't get anywhere near enough time together.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would take my brother on a one (1) day road trip to Upper Michigan and enjoy the upcoming Spring Season. 

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like a winner. I would take my cousin out to dinner and the rest of the sisters it would be about 7-8 of us. I would pay for her dinner and the rest of them pay their own. I would very much like to do this because she can't afford to go on her own. Even though I can't really afford it but with a day off and $200 I would do that and save the rest of the money. I don't like spending all of my money at one time but this I would do for her. I love her a lot. I would check AARP to see where I could take her but at the same time be safe out there with masks on and stay away from other people to be safe.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A day off and $200? I would probably book a night at one of those hotels with a hot tub in room, yes! That's what I would do. I miss water so much and pools are still closed. 

I'd get bubbles and watch a good movie, take a long, long bath, drink some wine, eat some cheese. 

That would be the best!

Contributor

Schedule a massage and a facial for a little bit of me time!

Trusted Contributor

Now that is a wonderful Idea. I love it.

0 Kudos

Take a lovely walk with my husband along the beach while we watch the sunset.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Have a spa day and relax all day!

Contributor

I would use the money to go to the zoo and have tea at the Peabody hotel with my husband. If there is any money left over, put it in savings.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Take my husband to sit by the beach in Plymouth, Mass. as he has had 2 surgery this year and loves the beach. Would buy lunch, supper and walk around the beach and smile.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Rent some kayaks and enjoy nature for a day! Then have a nice dinner to support a local restaurant (and bar!!! 😉  ). 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I will donate the $200 to respondent Erica for her heart and diabetic medication.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m very blessed with everything I need, so I would spend the day with my grandchildren, take them to lunch, and deposit the remaining funds in a college account for them.

Contributor

Have a get together at a local deli for a group of friends that are retired,  we are all now vaccinated and could finally see each other 👍

I would get a much needed massage and have a facial which i have never had a facial in my life and only one massage years ago.  Take myself shopping for something nice to wear since i always do for my grandbabies and grown kids.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

That's a winner.

0 Kudos
Contributor

be able to get all my heart and diabetic medication

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

If I win the $200 I will give it to Erica for her heart and diabetic medication.

Trusted Contributor

I have never won anything on AARP so I don't plan on winning anything now. I have played games and answered questions and do all the things to win but never have and don't expect to win anything now. Played guises and watch short shows and done all this and has never won anything so it was just something to do doing the day to keep busy. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would donate half to my cousin who is fighting AML in Boston.

then I would take my husband out to a nice dinner. 

0 Kudos

I would reserve a oceanfront balcony room and order room service. Then spend the day listening to the waves and seagulls, while sipping on a glass of wine.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would make a special feast for my six siblings.  It has been such along time since we've been together as a family, and an intimate dinner would signal the renewal of a lifelong family tradition.  We've all received our second COVID vaccine, so I feel hopeful.  Ahhh...dinner with family around the table sounds heavenly.

0 Kudos

I would get my grandkids and take him out to the park and then we would go out to eat and maybe have a spar day

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go and visit my best friend and spend the day hanging out together just relaxing.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

First, of all, I would sleep late, relax all morning then I would book a couples massage & have a nice, relaxing time out with my husband.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Purchase my son new musical attachments!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would grab a friend and spend the day at the spot relaxing and rejuvenating!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP