Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with a day off and $200? Tell us for a chance to win!

The pandemic has blurred the lines between work and home making it even hard to disconnect.  But disconnecting from it all is an antidote to stress, even if just for a day. 

We would love to hear what you would do with a day off and $200.  Ten of the of the respondents will receive 50 AARP Rewards Points!

Post your day off idea here between March 1 and March 31, 2021 and you will be entered for a chance to win a 50 AARP Rewards points! 

Have you enter the AARP Rewards Take a Day Sweeps?  If not be sure to visit and enter here:  https://www.aarp.org/getrewards/campaigns/2021tad/

* No purchase necessary. Legal Residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) Ends 3/31/2021. See Rules  including odds, and prize description. Void where prohibited.

AARPTeri
Contributor

I would take a trip to Central Florida, hire a fishing expert and fish for one of the large mouth black bass that make Florida one of the best fishing locations in the US. I have postponed fishing for way too many years, life's requirements had to come first.

I would head straight to the nursery, buy vegetable plants and hire someone to help me plant my garden.

Contributor

I would buy as many flats of flowers as possible and plant them in my front yard to give my neighbors something wonderful to experience.  You can’t help but smile when you see a plethora of flowers rising up to meet you

Periodic Contributor

I would get in our car with my husband and drive to Virginia Beach, VA, walk on the board walk, eat at our favorite restaurant, watch the sun set and spend the first night away from home in a year at a 4 star hotel.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will give it to my wife for her Birthday!

I would go to a spa, get haircut, do my nails, and have lunch with my sister. We have not seen    each other in 14 years.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would get a new pair of glasses.  Mine are 7 years old and need them replaced. 

Info Seeker

I would go to the spa. I would have a massage and relax. I would enjoy a nice meal with my best friend. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Just got over coronavirus.  My 2 sisters were tremendous. Bought food, supportive, got me to doctor for my negative diagnosis after 2 weeks.  I would love to take them for a great dinner and my great brother-in-law, too.

Contributor

I would pick up my twin grandkids in my SUV....drive thru..... takeout lunch....dine in the open trunk

of the car....and "dine" together......then proceed to a drive thru donut  place and  top off the gourmet lunch with an excessive of sweets.....for the sweet.....pandemic dining at its finest !

Contributor

If I was lucky enough to win-I would make a donation to our church.  Then we went take a trip to our favorite lake for a picnic-just to get out of the house for awhile.

0 Kudos

We would get a couples massage.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would spend the whole day with my wife and take her to a nice restaurant of her choice. If any money is left over, I would donate it to the food bank.

Contributor

I would take my mother for a day massage and pedicure then eat somewhere new.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

If I won $200 and took a day off = We would go to Maine and relax.. do an overnight at the bed and breakfast we like and enjoy a good meal at one of our favorite restaurants.. ty

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would treat my children and grandchildren to a family dinner❣️
we haven’t had one due to COVID. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would donate the money to our local food bank so that they can provide necessary food for those in need.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Would take my wife out for a nice dinner. We’ve had our shots and need a break from the house.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My co workers and I could use a time out. I would treat to lunch and a massage for the 3 of us.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My cat Noah has heart issues so if I won the $200 I would use the money to cover his vet bills , his RX medication and his  prescription food he needs to stay healthy.  Couldn't have dealt with  the Covid  stay at home orders  with out my 2 cats.  

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would take it in conjunction with a weekend and spend the weekend fixing my half -painted out-dated kitchen and buy some things to help organize it better. Sounds like work to some, but that would be fun for me. 

#connect rewards

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would gather with my children and grandchildren and just enjoy each other with a nice home cooked meal. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Take my friend and her twin sister out to a fancy dinner for their birthday.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Terri, I have always envied ladies who get to enjoy a real pampering spa day.  While in the past, I was able to have a massage now and then before Covid, I never have had a facial or any other pampering.  I am not interested in a mani or pedi but I sure would like to see what else is out there and offered at a spa.  I was getting my former massages at a chiropractor's office.  If there was any leftover money, I would treat my wonderful husband to lunch.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would drive to Malibu and have lunch with my husband and son's family right on the ocean.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd use the spare time to plan for an exciting excursion with my wife to somewhere warm to escape the cold weather in the Upper Midwest!

0 Kudos
Contributor

If I won the "Day off and $200 contest", I would take my daughter, Marie and our good friend, Vicki on a day trip to the San Isabelle mountains. We would stop at their quaint little restaurant for lunch, just enjoying each other's company. Then when we finish eating we would go through their gift shop and choose a souvenir for each other but that's not the end of our day. To top it off,  we would have to sample different varieties of their "Amazing Home Made Fudge" before purchasing 3 to 4 lbs each of our favorites to take home and share with our families.❤ Thank you for this opportunity to Day Dream!😊

0 Kudos

I would celebrate my 60th birthday with a full spa day

0 Kudos
Contributor

I don't need a day off. I need days on. I was laid off last March 19th. I still have my keys to work. Just not busy enough to bring back office personnel.  I apply everywhere for jobs. Other states as well. The 200 dollars would go to a bill. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Buy new plants for my garden and a bouquet of flowers for my table and invite my vaccinated friends to relax over a glass of wine as we celebrate spring and the ability to get together again.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP