Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Cruise Line Gift Cards Payment Error

Periodic Contributor

Cruise Line Gift Cards Payment Error

I've tried 3 consecutive days to purchase the Carnival Cruise Gift Cards!! The system is holding my money but not processing the transaction. I've tried different pay methods, clearing cache/cookies, and even using a different AARP membership. It's so frustrating given they close on weekends, my money is being held, and I only have one day to pay off my trip. Has anyone figured out how to get around this? Even the ApplePay option on the phone won't allow to process the order. I don't see one helpful solution on here from AARP other than to call customer service which doesn't help me its the weekend and my stuff is due Sunday!!! So frustrating please help.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Lanay1983 I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've had on the Rewards website. What error message are you receiving when you attempt to purchase a gift card? I see you were able to purchase a gift card on April 19 and your Rewards account is active with no issues.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Contributor

There has to be something wrong with AARP's payment system.  I have called and gone over troubleshooting and nothing worked.  I have tried 7-8 different cards and many different systems.  Things are solely in my name and it does not change.  I was told my case escalated but did not get an email stating that for a couple days afterwards.  At this point all signs point to the holdup being on AARP's site.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Ryan. We ask you to allow 3-5 days for your issue to be investigated. If you have any questions, please send a Private Message to https://m.me/aarp and I'd be glad to help you. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I spoke to customer service they had me remove pop-up blocker. Also, it was explained if I tried to use a card that is not in my name it will completely change my AARP account to the card holders name and then at that time the system declined the payment, youโ€™ll need to change your name back to your original name and give the system a few days to redirect everything and try again . After changing my name back to its original account holders name a few days ago and allowing pop-ups via my browser settings I was successful in purchasing another gift card. Thanks for your reply however 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Lanay1983 Great! Glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of it. You are most welcome, we're always here to help!  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Itโ€™s saying :

Something went wrong with your transaction. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

Please note, even though there was an error with this transaction, submitting your payment information may result in a temporary hold on your available funds. While funds have not been removed or withdrawn from your account, they may be temporarily unavailable as is standard banking procedure when validating a request to transact. Before retrying this purchase, please be sure you have the available funds.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Lanay1983 Thanks for getting back to me! This error most often occurs when there is a billing mismatch. Please confirm that your name and your mailing address on your AARP account EXACTLY match the name and address on the billing statement associated with your credit card. Other common address discrepancies include missing building or apartment numbers and P.O. Boxes. Participants can't purchase gift cards using another person's credit/debit card. Are you using Ad-blockers? Ad-blockers may also cause this error message; be sure to disable any Ad-blockers that you may be using before attempting the purchase again. Also, any pending authorization hold from an unsuccessful transaction will automatically be released within 3 to 7 days; this holding period can vary from bank to bank.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP