Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

CRUISE LINE GIFT CARDS

I see many posts about having cruise line gift card issues.   I had no problem getting mine in early April.   

My question is how to use rewards points to purchase one of those gift cards.  I have one in my shopping cart, but there is no option to use points.   I went to redeem and all rewards.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @ccinbr, you can purchase digital gift cards from Carnival, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Holland America Line, and Princess cruise lines in the Rewards catalog at a discounted rate: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13435214927 - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Diana G,  I see were I can purchase the gift cards.  I have done that before.  My question is, can rewards points be used to pay for the purchase of the gift card as opposed to using a credit card.  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Great, @ccinbr. There are some items that are points only, but the cruise gift cards are not one of them. To see the available ones, you can filter your search and choose on the redemption type "for points". - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I have only been an AARP rewards member for a few years, so I don't know if it was possible to use rewards points for cruise line gift cards in the past. The rewards catalog shows which gift cards can be obtained for points, and which gift cards can be obtained for purchase, and right now all of the cruise line gift cards are only for purchase, not for using points. I don't think I've ever seen a cruise line gift card available for points since I've been a member.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks so much for that information.  That's how it seemed to me.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

A few years ago it used to be that you had to use points just so you could purchase cruise gift cards at a discount. Now instead you just need to be a member of AARP to buy them, which I find to be much better. Now I can buy up to 25 cards a month for Carnival, which is  more than I could ever use.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP