Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

AARPTeri
Contributor

For our 40th wedding anniversary we are planning a trip to the Caribbean. With AARP Expedia travel we can book a package that will save us money and time when we book an all inclusive package.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Florida to visit with my niece and my dad and to visit Disney World.   Can't wait to share the Disney experience with my sweetheart!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

AARP Rewards help with finding discounts on things that we'll do on our trip. Really looking forward to this.

0 Kudos

We plan on returning to Hawaii where we honeymooned 25 years ago!  We plan to use our AARP membership to get discounts on hotel rooms and car rentals, restaurants, and where ever we can!    

0 Kudos
Contributor

Our first big trip that we have planned starts in just more than a week from now. We are traveling to Canada where we will spend 18 days enjoying British Columbia and Alberta. We'll be flying in from California, then we'll board the Rocky Mountaineer for three days of train travel from Vancouver to Jasper, then a day touring the Icefields Parkway, on to Lake Louise, then Banff. After this we rent a car for several days to go see dinosaurs in Drumheller, followed by excursions to Edmonton and Calgary, before returning to Banff for several days. Then back on the train for two days returning to Vancouver, and 3 days there sightseeing with friends who are driving up from Seattle.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We're planning a trip to Scotland in September. I plan to use rewards to save on lodging & car rental.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are booked on a cruise to Alaska.  Hubby and I are using our AARP points to get Holland America gift cards for ourselves, to save a little bit on the excursions and anything else we buy onboard!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will go to Egypt to see the Giza pyramids, Luxor and Aswan. What a magnificent location to see the history of a people and learn.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My travel plans after the pandemic were to complete my personal Triple Crown trek! I accomplished that last weekend with a trip to the Preakness in Baltimore! I use AARP rewards to obtain gift cards for purchases I needed before the trip!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I havenโ€™t been able to afford much travel, but I would love to go to Oregon! The waterfalls look amazing, and all the forests and mountains look so gorgeous..so inviting!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would use the AARP Travel Center from Expedia to book a trip to visit the U.S. Virgin Islands of Saint Thomas, Saint John and Saint Croix ! 

0 Kudos

We are planning a trip to Wyoming and South Dakota to see some of our Nationโ€™s beautiful natural wonders!

I am using my AARP discount for hotel stays! Thanks for that, every little bit helps when you are on a budget!

0 Kudos
Contributor

@AARPTeri wrote:

Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022.  This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022. 

Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?

Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic!  Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts.  All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.

To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting!  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.

Rules for the contest are posted here -   https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...

Already went in the spring to Italy planned for 2020. Went in 2023

0 Kudos
Contributor

Already went last month!  St. Thomas/St. John USVI.  I used AARP Expedia to plan my hotel and flight, and saved money plus got a $50 Visa card!  Fantastic trip.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I would like to travel to Toronto Canada to see my family. I have a great nephew born in January who I am dying to meet in person. I would use my rewards to help celebrate my retirement.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We will travel to Florida for 6 family members birthday days it would be a big birthday for 3 family members 

0 Kudos

I would love to go to Las Vegas. Iโ€™ve never been anywhere outside of Kentucky other than to West Virginia where my mother is from. Iโ€™m 60 years old & Iโ€™d love to travel. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Tacoma Washington and Astoria Oregon. We are going for a wedding, but want to explore the west coast. We plan to check out hotels using the AARP discount.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My significant other and I will use AARP rewards to purchase discounted grocery and restaurant gift cards to save $ toward a long weekend in Chicago, as well as to use while there. Our plans were put on hold due to Covid-19 quarantine, but we are ready to venture out again, boosted and masked when necessary. Cheers to more fun times ahead! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will be traveling to Malaysia to see my daughter who lives there. The borders have recently opened to international travelers so I am anxious to see her and experience her life there! I have been researching on AARP on how I can use its member benefits while there. I am hoping to use AARP for hotel and auto rental discounts. I also uncovered an interesting story by actor Alan Cumming who visited Chaah, Malaysia. It was in the AARP article "The Trip That Changed My Life".

0 Kudos
Contributor

Bouncing around the Oregon coast for 12-days checking out new venues and revisiting old favorites. Using rewards for gift cards as available to our daily whims. Everyone is respectful, engaging & fun to be around. Great to be out & about.

0 Kudos

Traveling with my daughter to Ireland to visit homes of my ancestors and to meet relatives I don't even know.  Our family migrated to the US 4 generations ago, so looking forward to seeing where my father's family came from. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Covid kept us from travelling to Sedona, Arizona in 2020. Then my husband had a stroke a month before our trip to Sedona last year (2021) and we had to cancel. So third time is a charm to Sedona, Arizona this year. We use AARP for everything; car rental, discounts at restaurants, purchases at stores, discount fees to entertainment places such as museums. I keep my AARP card right next to my driver's license.  It's definitely a benefit to have one!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My first travel choice would be a MUCH-NEEDED beach vacation.  Just sit there in my lawn chair and soak in the warm sun, watch the ocean roll in and free my mind of all the COVID restrictions we have had to live with for the past 2-12 years.  This would be VERY relaxing for me.  I would use all I could win from AARP on the travel to get there and maybe a little extra spending money. Pls consider my request.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I just returned from a 7-day trip to Palm Coast, Florida.  Our daughter, son-in-law and three grandkids are boaters and were docked at the marina in Palm Coast.  We rented a wonderful condo at the facility adjacent to the marina where their boat was docked.  We got a chance to spend a great week together and used our AARP discount at the Kennedy Space Center, where we saw a rocket launch.  In addition, since our flights were late evening and then early morning, we also used our AARP discounts for hotel reservations (twice) near the Orlando airport.  Finally, we used our AARP discount for the weekly car rental.  The discounts saved us a bit of money on a wonderful trip to see our family.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We went on a cruise!  The ship we went on had fewer passengers so there were plenty of secluded places for us onboard.  Additionally, the cruise line adhered to stringent disinfecting practices so we felt safe.  We love that AARP has cruise ship gift cards that we purchased at a discount to pay for our cruise.  That really helped our budget!  We also used AARP's gas and restaurant gift cards to save money when we traveled to the ship.  Thank you, AARP!  This trip was a life-saver as we REALLY needed a relaxing, stress-free vacation!

0 Kudos

Hoping to go to Australia and using our points to get to the airport. 

0 Kudos

We would like to drive to PA to see family and use our AARP discounts on hotel stays. Or go to CO to see friends and sightsee with our AARP points.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We just got back from a Florida trip: Longboat Key to see family, then Marco Island with 13 friends staying in two houses.   It was so great to feel freer in travel again.   I guess I really didnโ€™t think to try to use my AARP rewards.   It would be good to know how I couldโ€™ve done it better. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Funny, 3 weeks ago we did Marco Island to visit friends and then headed up to Sarasota to spend a week with my siblings!  We are vacation twins!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP