Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Online Community Cruise Contest 2024

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Online Community Cruise Contest 2024

Whether you're a seasoned cruiser or a first-time explorer, we want to hear from you!   

The contest runs from April 8 through May 5, 2024. We will choose four (4) winners to receive a $300 AARP Rewards Cruise Line Gift Card! 

To enter, reply to this post before May 5, 2024, with your top tips, tricks, and hacks for leveraging AARP Rewards to elevate your excursion experiences.

Official Rules for the contest are posted here -  https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Cruise-Contest-2024...

Share your top tips, tricks, and hacks for leveraging AARP Rewards to elevate your excursion experiences.  From booking strategies to excursion recommendations, every insight counts! Share now in AARP Rewards Online forum for a chance to win!

Example Post:

I went on my first cruise after winning a sweepstakes and have enjoyed cruising ever since that was 15 years ago! I love meeting new people on cruises and excursions.

AARPTeri

We always get an inside cabin. We love the dark, quiet space versus the bright, noisier balcony rooms plus it forces us to be on the upper decks enjoying the 360 sights versus just on side view. We each bring a small rolling suitcase with the allotted amount of soft drinks allowed plus an empty 1.5 liter plastic bottle and multiple 2-quart packets of Crystal Light powder. A beach bag which I carry on board with my makeup serves many purposes such as holds the drinks when we sit pool side plus sun screen, sun hats and wraps. We limit ourselves to 2 meals a day so as not to return with extra pounds. Finally, we book our own excursions and often precook rental cars so we’re not being herded and have plenty of time to explore islands on our own.

Contributor

Plan special dining arrangements for a sea day in advance. You avoid the rush and timing of an excursion.

There is alot of storage space under the beds.

Room service for meals saves time on excursion days  

Contributor

Please check twice or thrice that you packed all necessary medications, including over the counter pain medication for the occasional headache. No one wants to spend their time at sick bay.

I've learned there were things to bring that made cruising a bit easier.

Air freshener is a must!  The bathroom always seemed a bit stinky so this helped a lot.

Small flashlights for each person in case you get up in the middle of the night.

A small first aid kit with bandaids, moleskin, tums & Tylenol. 

Earplugs if you've never slept with this room mate before.

Enjoy every new experience if you can.  Always fun to try new things and foods.

Things to take: An extension cord so you can charge your phone in your room. Refillable water bottle so you can hydrate or die. Small speaker for music in your room, on the beach, on your balcony.  Small inflatable tube for beach day. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP