Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Conversationalist

Thank You for thinking of me.  It was a somber day; one that I just kept to myself.  My grandson told me that they ordered my son's grave stone which made me happy.  I am continuing the doctor's appointments, taking the car in for repair and packing.  Hopefully I will be able to put my house on the market soon.  

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have always been patient and kind to those that have offended me.  I give them many, many chances and "forgive" often.  However, I have found that there are individuals that take my kindness as a weakness and take advantage of that.  I get to a point where I feel that I do not need or want this person in my life and end the relationship.  At that point I am DONE with them and eliminate them from my life.  Life is too short to deal with those that only intend to hurt you and truly do not care about you.  

Silver Conversationalist

Yes Cadee @Cadee2719 , being kind and forgiving are both wonderful characteristics to have and employ. Recognizing when you are being taken advantage of and hurt by uncaring, abusive, or toxic people is definitely essential. Part of self-care is eliminating things from our lives that detract from rather than enhance our quality of life.

Marcy

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

What you are saying is important. I think it is easy to resist and avoid having meaningful relationships with people following a significant loss. The pain of that loss is so devastating and your mind can trick you into thinking if I just avoid having relationships with depth that I can escape from experiencing this pain of grief. In essence you deprive yourself of the love and joy that is received and given in reciprocal, meaningful relationships with others. Appreciate it, Live it, Embrace it, Love it!

Marcy

1 comment (Wednesday 1/10/24)

Lol Marcy @MarcyW882921 , hmmm - that WORD love!!!

Still fighting against it and ONLY my only child (daughter) has that.

At age 65, I am beat up and drained and trying to be KIND to "healthy" humans. Furbabies  ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿถ  ALWAYS have it. They give us humans SO MUCH with NO drama and games.

I guess figuring out HOW to "avoid" TOXIC humans is the thing to do. Too OLD to be picking my face up off the floor every time one enters my life/lol  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

So, TAKING MY TIME and letting "humans" ENTER when it feels "healthy" for me...  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I do MISS Barbara and Itty Bitty  ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ•.

Thanks for stopping by  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Your daughter, fur babies, and us (whether you like it or not) are a good beginning! Keep plugging away in your own time. There's no rush.

Marcy

Trusted Contributor

Good wintery afternoon,  I hope your holidays went well and also that 2024 is going to be a brighter year for each of you.  I want to encourage you all to seek friends and really extend yourselves this year. I think its really important for us to move forward and continue living the life we deserve.  This does mean take a few chances, get out of our comfort zones and see the good and grace in others.  For me, when I was ready, I started dating again.  It was strange at first but that went away eventually.  Life is better with others so see if you can find yours in 2024.  I'm betting you can and will.

Take care, Bill in VA....

7 comments (Monday 1/8/24) CHAT!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

Walmart and drop off fecal sample at doctor's office today.

Need to call to "schedule" mammogram (lol, forgot until just now). Hate them and told my NEW doctor (Medicare as of last week) - I am NOT "cutting off anything or losing my hair" IF they find cancer.

Yikes, NEVER thought I would hit my GAS PEDAL to continue MOVING FORWARD.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

It was like EVERYTHING "blew" up and I spent way too much time "feeling" sorry for myself. Listened to an AWESOME LAW OF ATTRACTION upload on YouTube LAST NIGHT. I am back in biz...  ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿš˜  Watch out folks, I "is" hitting that PEDAL real hard = speeding ticket.....  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Find YOUR PEACE  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT , 

I'm glad you are moving forward and on track. Watch that speed limit as you are putting the pedal to the metal!

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

YOU are a survivor and can accomplish anything you set your mind to.  You always "overcome" no matter what the circumstances are.  Luv you for it.  Glad that you are going to the doctors for check ups.  I did the same and am dealing with the issues that need to be resolved.  Tomorrow I have the cataract/glaucoma surgery (check one thing off the list).  Lets hope that 2024 is a year of taking care of ourselves and becoming stronger each day, able to face the challenges ahead. Your continued sense of humor certainly helps me.โค๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719,

Thinking of you as you are preparing for your eye surgery tomorrow. I hope the surgery goes well and also your recovery!โค๏ธ

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thank You Marcy โค๏ธ

2 comments (Monday 1/8/24)

YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS for your surgery Cadee @Cadee2719   ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Had the surgery, went well and the doctor is pleased with the post-op visit yesterday.  Thank You for thinking of me.  Next:  Rheumatologist and the results of the 44 vials of blood.   I, too, have to take my car in for repairs.  One Step At a Time.   The one thing that I am thankful for is that during my husband's illness I had to take over ALL responsibilities for house, car, finances, etc.  In a way it was God's way of preparing me to survive.  I am thankful.โค๏ธ

Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole โค๏ธ

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@SummerIsTooHOT , I am really trying to stay strong for my son who doesn't understand what grief is.  All he knows is Daddy's in heaven but,  I'm not sure he understands what heaven is and it breaks my heart.  

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Glad it wasn't too bad Nicole, or a very cold day. Take care.

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

I guess it can be looked on as the ebb and flow of life. We just have to keep going day to day!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole!

Contributor

A really good idea

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

For leg cramps from dehydration Hylands leg cramp tablets helps those painful leg or foot cramps can be bought at Walmart in pharmacy aisles...Drink plenty of liquids (water or something  like gatorade if sugar can be tolerated) Always check with pharmacy or doctor before starting any new way...Hylands works for me as well as well as tonic water with quinine replaces the salts in system...My personal experience advice ...

Kudos
Views

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

Wishing you all on the forum a calm and peaceful 2024. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP