Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Fluoride - Demand AARP Take Action

Message 31 of 55 (5,806 Views)

Thanks for the support!

Unfortuanately large cities such as NYC are mandated by Public Health programs to fluoridate the public water supply, even though the American Dental Association has not done it's homework: no large scale review of the scientific literature has shown that fluoride is safe and it also hasn't shown that it is effective: See the recent Cochrane Oral Health Review, National Academy of Science and The York Review for more details of studies showing adverse health effects.

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 55 (5,814 Views)
Right on write on wil do!!!
Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 33 of 55 (5,831 Views)

”Fluoridation is the greatest case of scientific fraud of this century, if not of all time."  - Dr. Robert Carton, EPA (1992)

Thank you Susan Kanen for your comment above! 

AARP - Are you reading this?

• EXCERPT "None of my AMA doctors had a clue what was wrong with me. As a biochemist, I finally speculated I might be fluoride poisoned. I insisted on getting a fluoride analysis of the deformed head of my femur bone sawed off during hip replacement. It measured 1500 ppm fluoride of ashed bone weight, pointing to the diagnosis of the initial stage of skeletal fluorosis. My medical bills 2012-2014 were almost $150,000....... I did not give my consent to be an experimental toxic waste dump for the last 60 years! Now since May 2013 avoiding fluoride, I am slowly getting better. My thyroid has shunk to 61% of the goiter of two years ago, antibodies against thyroid are reduced, my parathyroid hormone level is now midrange normal after persistently elevated levels post parathyroidectomy, no reoccurrance of kidney stones, less GI irritation and less neurological symptoms like numbness, anxiety, lack of ability to concentrate. and forgetfulness, less pain."
Info Seeker

Message 34 of 55 (5,837 Views)

The National Academy of Sciences 2006, The recent Cochrane Report, the Australian Review, the York Review, all agree - the quality of scientific research on the benefits and adverse health effects is surprisingly poor - considering that hexafluorosilicic acid, a known toxic waste product from the fertilizer industry and other industries (Aluminum and Oil) has been added to our clean water for over 50-60 years!

Fluoride was touted as a nutrient yet we know now that not one cell in our body needs the fluorine element to function properly, and in fact, it reduces thyroid function!

Why are we still paying the industries to dilute their toxic waste for a chemical that is not regulated by the FDA yet we drink this drug every day? If we don't drink fluoridated water, we get fluoride in our tea, our meat, our soda, wine, beer, anything that has been made with fluoridated water! Yet if we have arthritic pain, we do not get tested for fluoride over exposure. If we have memory loss, we do not get tested for fluoride overexposure. If we have reduced thyroid or reduced kidney function, no doctor routinely checks our exposure to fluoride, this untested, unregulated, unapproved drug.

By the American Dental Association still promoting water fluoridation, they are not doing their homework.

Please AARP - provide a task force that does it's own unbiased research on this and inform your members on your findings. We need to know.

thank you

Info Seeker

Message 35 of 55 (5,850 Views)

We can't afford to wait for those who have endorsed water fluoridation to finally realize this has been a gross mistake and an immoral human experiment. I changed my professional opinion on water fluoridation only after realizing how I have been poisoned lifelong by many exposures to fluorides. Thank you CarryAnne for the great information you have posted.

At 60 years old, I have had a lifetime of uncontroled and unmonitored fluoride exposures including fluorine fumes working at a water treatment plant. I am a chemist and was responsible for making fluoride standards to measure the amount of (I didn't know then-TOXIC and INDUSTRIAL WASTE PRODUCT)  HFSAcid added to Washington DC drinking water. At 60 years old, I suffered many health catastrophes many that are slowly reversing now 2 years avoiding fluoridated water for drinking or bathing, drugs, dental products etc.

I speak from painful personal experience. As AARP considers a stand on water fluoridation, please be advised you should have no confidence in the integrity the system that produced the 'science' of water fluoridation. (see numbered links below)

I am a biochemist involved with an experiment since 2005 on lead service lines supplying drinking water to homes in Washington DC (1). My dissenting opinion has been that industry research and compliance with U.S. Lead and Copper Rule (LCR)1991 systematically underestimates lead contamination of drinking water(2). I have been recognized as a whistleblower (3). EPA has continued for years ignoring my input (4). Recent studies in 2013 (5) confirm my concerns (6). I also suffer painful, serious health effects and consequences of 60 years exposure to fluoridation chemicals made apparent to me only since May 2013 (7), perhaps exasperated by fluorine gas I was exposed to at the water treatment plant in Washington DC.

The US EPA, CDC, municipalities, and water utilities continue to this day, as they have for decades, to mislead the public about their true exposure to lead in drinking water leaching from lead service lines and the real possibility that fluoridation chemicals increase lead leaching from lead service lines still often used in older sections of major US cities.. THIS IS THE SAME SYSTEM that produced the 'science' of water fluoridation replete with decades of willful blindness, bias, grants for preconceived research results, repression of true scientists, propaganda slogans, down playing of negative health effects, professional bullying, junk science techniques, cherry picking data, fraud, powerful corrupt politics, and industrial interests.

To unduly threaten the health of seniors with water fluoridation based on schemes that masquerade as true science is foolishness indeed.

Sincerely,

Susan Kanen

Biochemist

Fluoride Free Alaska (a facebook group)

Links and additional comments:

(1). http://www.waterrf.org/PublicReportLibrary/91229.pdf starting at C-87 Washington Aqueduct Lead Service Line Pilot Study. Misrepresented and miscalculated lead release from lead service lines by 4000%.

(2). http://water.epa.gov/drink/ndwac/upload/ndwacdec11122013.pdf Comments by SKanen to National Drinking Water Advisory Council

(3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apZynV7lfic at 12:43 Dr Marc Edwards of Virginia Tech mentions Sue Kanen as a whistleblower in the DC Lead in Drinking Water scandal

(4) http://www.epa.gov/dclead/corrosion_research.htm Minutes of EPA conference calls, Susan Kanen participated since 2011

(5) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23879429 Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Aug 20;47(16):9300-7. doi: 10.1021/es4003636. Epub 2013 Aug 2.

Detection and evaluation of elevated lead release from service lines: a field study. Del Toral MA1, Porter A, Schock MR. Abstract: Comparative stagnation sampling conducted in 32 homes in Chicago, Illinois with lead service lines demonstrated that the existing regulatory sampling protocol under the U.S. Lead and Copper Rule systematically misses the high lead levels and potential human exposure.

(6) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC2Y4LI49R4 Lead in Drinking Water Sampling Manipulation 3 minute video by SKanen demonstrating my concerns on lead leaching from lead service lines.

(7) I was exposed to fluorine gas in the basement at the water treatment plant in 2005 (HF etched glass and corroded window and door frames until they collapsed) My lungs and throat burned, I lost sense of taste and smell, had nausea and shortness of breath,and brain fog. Nevertheless, I had no idea I was being exposed to HF in the air at the point the fluoridation chemicals are added to drinking water. Fluoride is an accumulative poison, I continued my lifelong consumption of fluoridated water, food and exposure while bathing, swimming, and in hot tubs. I have dental fluorosis as a child of a military dentist. Front teeth have veneers. Uterine fibroids and prolapse. Multiple internal hernias. In 2007, I was hospitalized with acute pancreatitis, two emergency room visits in Sept 2012 with a 0.7 mm kidney stone, diagnosis of degeneration of hip and lower spine, elevated serum calcium and parathyroid hormone, parathyroidectomy of 5200 mg in Nov 2012 with persistent elevated parathyroid hormone, osteoarthritis required hip replacement in Aug 2013, osteopenia, painful multinodual calcified goiter of the thyroid with hypo and hyperthyroid symptoms, autoimmune thyroiditis, GERD and irritation of GI and urinary tract, Barrett's esophagus, calcified ligaments with X-ray evidence of calcification of the interosseous membrane of the forearm, phleboliths, bilateral renal cysts, enlarged heart, fatigue not relieved by rest, neurological symptoms such as numbness, anxiety, forgetfulness, perhaps pre- Alzheimer symptoms-just to name a few classic responses to fluoride intoxication. None of my AMA doctors had a clue what was wrong with me. As a biochemist, I finally speculated I might be fluoride poisoned. I insisted on getting a fluoride analysis of the deformed head of my femur bone sawed off during hip replacement. It measured 1500 ppm fluoride of ashed bone weight, pointing to the diagnosis of the initial stage of skeletal fluorosis. My medical bills 2012-2014 were almost $150,000. Fluoride is a lifelong accumulative toxin and slowly harms and, if exposure is excessive, eventually destroys every human organ system for everyone in water fluoridated or non-fluoridated areas alike. It really is absolute foolishness to add more fluoride to drinking water. I did not give my consent to be an experimental toxic waste dump for the last 60 years! Now since May 2013 avoiding fluoride, I am slowly getting better.My thyroid has shunk to 61% of the goiter of two years ago, antibodies against thyroid are reduced, my parathyroid hormone level is now midrange normal after persistently elevated levels post parathyroidectomy, no reoccurrance of kidney stones, less GI irritation and less neurological symptoms like numbness, anxiety, lack of ability to concentrate. and forgetfulness, less pain.

Fluoride toxicity symptoms are threantening to steal away the golden years of the 'baby boomers', the first generation to be experimental subjects to lifelong water fluoridation.

AARP act now!!!

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 36 of 55 (5,771 Views)

Dr. Richard Sauerheber who added a post in this thread is a chemist, college professor and researcher who has published some excellent work on the toxicity of industrial fluoride in drinking water. As a result of his research, he has written letters opposing fluoridation to the FDA and other regulatory agencies, urging they take action, i.e. actually consider science to regulate the industries in order protect the health of the public:

Thank you, doctor! 

“When industry and government agree, people suffer.” - Proverb 

Info Seeker

Message 37 of 55 (5,814 Views)

This is a really great article: please help get this neurotoxin out of our water, and our food. 

I am starting a coalition against artificial fluoridation in NYC - please email nyc.caaf@gmail.com if you are interested in helping getting the word out - this stuff is toxic, not a nutrient, not safe and we shouldn't be drinking it!

Info Seeker

Message 38 of 55 (5,841 Views)

Great idea!

I'm starting a coalition in NYC Against Artificial Fluoridation - Fluoride in not a nutrient, we shoudn't be exposing ourselves to neurotoxins by drinking the toxic waste product of the fertilizer industry. Please email nyc.caaf@gmail.com for more information.

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 55 (5,846 Views)
First, eating and drinking fluoride ion has no effect whatsoever on dental caries, as published in detailed studies by Zigelbecker, and also by Sutton, and by Teotia and Teotia, and also by Yamouyiannis. The fluoride concentration in saliva that bathes teeth topically (at 0.016 ppm, NRC, 2006) is 75,000 times less than that in toothpaste. Second, systemic fluoride dissolves in the blood and throughout all tissues at 0.2 ppm from regular consumption of treated drinking water. The ion accumulates lifelong permanently into bone causing the formation of new bone of poor quality. We now have 1/3 million U.S. elderly who suffer from broken hips which usually is lethal due to pneumonia that ensues while waiting for fluoridated bone to heal. Cruel experiments in dogs indicate that broken bones heal far more slowly when animals are given fluoridated water. Finally, adding fluoride into drinking water is illegal. No EPA regulated water contaminant, including fluoride, can be discharged into public drinking water intentionally without an NPDES permit from the EPA, as stipulated by the Clean Water Act. And the Safe Drinking Water Act prohibits the requirement of any substance added into water other than to sanitize the water. The EPA Office of Water argues that, as a substance that is being used to treat humans, the FDA is responsible for regulating fluoridation. The FDA argues that, as a pollutant being added intentionally into water, the EPA is in charge of its regulation. The HHS recommended that fluoride levels not exceed 0l7 ppm but refuses to accept liability for its use, in particular to avoid litigation over the easily proven increase in unwanted unsightly abnormal dental enamel hypoplasia dental fluorosis that plagues 42% of U.S. teens as a result of water "fluoridation." Please get involved and halt this absurd experiment from being continued.
Richard Sauerheber
Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 40 of 55 (5,856 Views)

For those who like visuals, this 1955 film shows what happens to enzymes in human blood with fluoride concentrations consistent with drinking a glass of "optimally" fluoridated water. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32op3srFDk8 

This enzyme death in the blood explains why some of us experience Chizzola maculae, a distinctive bruise like hive that affects a minority of women and children in the early stages of fluoride poisoning. It's an abnormal blood coagulation and the destruction of blood vessels, an autoimmune reaction.