Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Conversationalist

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 51 of 287 (289 Views)

"The Avengers" was cool before we even knew what cool was!

Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 287 (306 Views)

Hi, Sherri 15 wanted to be sure you got this, I visited MGM in Mexico it was fun and interesting. I enjoyed your Post. I have a ROKU and I find lots of old movies and TV shows on it. You don't have to go to Netflix or HULU to find them. A lot of them are free. I like and enjoy Netflix,HULU, and Amazon but a lot can be found on ROKU. You might lookup more info on the internet. Hope this is helpful. 

Info Seeker

Message 53 of 287 (303 Views)

Your comments are interesting to me, since I lived in Culver City for over 20 years and was very familiar with these current and former studio locations.  A friend and huge movie buff worked at MGM for 30+ years, and he knew a lot about the early studios.  As a result, we not only got to visit MGM's beautiful buildings and grounds more than once, but we also learned about the Ince, Willat, Roach and Culver City (Desilu) studios! 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 287 (295 Views)

@RetiredHogger - I remember "Topper" too! When I thought about it now, I realized it reminded me a little of the movie "Beetlejuice," where a young, recently deceased couple remains in their home, helping/pestering the current owner.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Gold Conversationalist

Message 55 of 287 (298 Views)

Good to hear that accolade about hal Roach Studios. Gee, my mother, who worked for Hal Roach Studios from 1936-1962 has been gone over 15 years.and I recall her and my father who worked down the street at MGM, now Sony Studios 'talk shop' after work. Not many people know about Hal Roach Studios because the shows they produced have gone off the air over 55 years ago.  My brother has a book about early Culver City and there's a couple of chapters to the early business's in Culver City, and Roach Studios was one of its earliest large employers.  Harry Culver came to Los Angeles from Norman Oklahoma in the very early teens and established and incorporated  Culver City  iin 1917, one hundred years ago this year!  Washington Blvd. was its original main street and there were a couple of large studios there: Hal Roach Studios, MGM, down the street and Desilu Studios, all on Washington Blvd. between Overland Avenue and Robertson Blvd. Good memories of long ago studios and television shows.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 287 (299 Views)

The Avengers, loved it. Glad it is currently running on again. Like everyone else has said, the older shows still have viewing power.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 287 (282 Views)

HOGANS HEROS , always makes me laugh. Anyone know the true story of what happened to Bob Crane?  Nancy

Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 287 (278 Views)

Me too, except I would be a Cowboy with a six gun on my hip and a song in my heart looking for a home on the range where the bufflo roam and the sky is not cloudy all day. Yesteryear is gone and tommorow is yet to come and I know living in the past is not a good thing, but sometimes I miss it , not all of it just some of it. So far this is the best part of the commuynity, nice and no one or two acting like an old married couple arguing just to be doing it. 

Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 287 (269 Views)

When they removed one of my favorite modern day Cowboy shows of the air . I got on the internet and asked  the station why and they explained even though it was in the middle % rating it did not appeal to the 18 to 34 year old segment that they were interested in. I guess all of us above 34 and older just don't count. I decided they didn't count also and droped that service from my Time Warner account. That is when I descovered Netflix and got a ROKU. Making me mad ended up saving me money, something I always like.

Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 287 (265 Views)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I had forgot about the drunk dog, he stole the show.Hal Roach Studio produced many a funny laughable shows, we could use some of those today. Also I still love the old cartoons ,like Droopy The Dog and Woody Woodpecker. I enjoyed your Post.