AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone revisiting old TV series?

Message 51 of 312 (572 Views)

Hi, hamilt14 and everyone on TV post: I have been reading everyones post and I am enjoying all. I surf the net and I have been surfing my connection with Time Warner, Netflix, Hulu,Amazon, and PBS Passport ect. Here are some things I foundI hope they will prove helpful. On Hallmark movies and Hallmark hd, Last Man Standing,The Golden Girls,Jessie Stone,Monk,Columbo,Murder She Wrote, and Diagnosis Murder are a few I found. On INSP I found Bonanza,Walker Texas Ranger, The Virgian, several cowboys. M.A,S.H. is on WGN. I also like to watch shows on the History Channel, two of my favorites are the Mountain Men and American Pickers. Over on Animal Planet I found a show that has nothing to do with animals but is fun to watch, Treehouse Masters.BBS has several good British shows and I now have ACORN TV which I like better than the other British APPS on ROKU. I am looking into TOBO to see if it will be better than my Killer internet TV bill. Once a month I still go into SHELL SHOCK when the bill shows up! I bet I am not alone. Hope this is helpful.

Info Seeker

Message 52 of 312 (587 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

DW and I have started going through Netflix offerings and are looking to watch older series we liked. We just started West Wing, for example. I think we'll put ER into the queue. 

Do you guys like re-watching old series, or not as interesting to you second time around? 

I like "Becker" starring Ted Danson.  It's available on free over-the-air TV in St Louis.

Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 312 (747 Views)

This week's TV Guide has a salute to their choice for the best evening lineup of all time. While they saluted NBC Thursdays (1993: Mad About You, Wings, Seinfeld, Frasier, and L.A. Law and 2007: My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs, and ER, with Friends and Will & Grace helping anchor the night), their choice was CBS Saturday - 1973: Mission Impossible was gone (and Mannix, one of my favorites, had been moved go give MI the spot) and 1972 had been close: Mission Impossible's last year, with All in The Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Bob Newhart Show. The "weak" spot: Bridget Loves Bernie - lasted one year. But, with a little tinkering,  1973's lineup:

All in the Family

M*A*S*H* (which had struggled, but now would become an institution)

The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

The Bob Newhart Show

The Carol Burnett Show (see M*A*S*H: Ditto)

Classics, all.

Conversationalist

Message 54 of 312 (732 Views)

I used to watch these shows too and then the Carol Burnett Show.  This was when good shows came on every night of the week...I miss those days!!

Conversationalist

Message 55 of 312 (681 Views)

I used to spend my Saturday nights watching Touched by an Angel and then Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.  I can't find Touched by an Angel anywhere on tv, and Dr. Quinn comes on in the middle of the night.

Conversationalist

Message 56 of 312 (649 Views)

Er and St. Elsewhere are my favorite shows.  I watch them when they show up.

Info Seeker

Message 57 of 312 (653 Views)

My absoulte favorite has always been "Toched by an Angel", ever since the series and I still watch them on some DVDs I have.  I wish someone would bring the episodes back occasionally.  For me, they were uplifting, certainly can't hurt during our times right now.    gec

Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 312 (851 Views)

@rc49566842 - in this fast and modern word..... an "F" and a "U" will do that for you. Smiley Wink

Conversationalist

Message 59 of 312 (864 Views)

Bleeped. David Carridine in Kong **bleep**??? Did it come up as a bad word? Sorry if it did. 

Conversationalist

Message 60 of 312 (861 Views)

George Burns & Gracie Allen. ALF, NYPD Blue, Kung **bleep**, 77 Sunset Strip (never thought I would see Kookie again)☺, and Abbott & Costello.